Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleghorn :D

So, ran Cleghorn Trail for the very first time on Sunday afternoon. Beautiful views. The main trail is well graded, very easy. But the off shoots are crazy! I don't know if they were this difficult before, but there were some that had ruts about 3 feet deep and a few feet wide. I was the passenger, and we were in a (pretty much) stock jeep, so we didn't get too crazy. Can't wait to head back once I get my jeep back.
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

How long of a run is that? And does it end on the 138 near silver wood?
    90 YJ 4.2
    33" and open

Comment

Where is Cleghorn?
      2" body lift, 2" susp lift, Fabtec bumpers, wilderness rack, BFG 33's

Comment

Cleghorn runs from just south of cajon pass on I-15 over to Silverwood lake on the 138. Some of the spur trails can get *fun*. It is a great trail to take beginners out on because if they don't feel like they are up to a section, they can follow the main road around to the other side, and meet the rest of the group there.

I'm glad to hear that it has been re-opened.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Pictures?
          Joe Rojas
          1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

No pics. But I hope to go back this Saturday. It took us about 2 hours to run it, including doing about 5 or so spurs. Really fun trail. Let's you pick how hard you want to push your jeep.

Comment

Sounds like my kind of place.

Comment

Jeri Lyn- I will be up there Sat. too. Probably going to run Holcomb but if anything changes trailwise I will call you up to meet up with you..
                Supe
                97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Do you think it would be easy enough for a 2 wheel drive grand cherokee?I am trying to find some easy "scenic" trails to break the wife in on. I don't want to take her out in the yj yet.
                  90 YJ 4.2
                  33" and open

Comment

The main roads - probably. The "interesting spurs" absolutely not. I've strapped/winched way too many people up the firebreaks when they find out it gets worse...

Walk anything that looks challenging - and make sure to sandwich yourself between two capable rigs.

And unless you've got recovery points on both ends - forget the spurs. :confused2
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

cool, thanks.
                      90 YJ 4.2
                      33" and open

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                        The main roads - probably. The "interesting spurs" absolutely not. I've strapped/winched way too many people up the firebreaks when they find out it gets worse...

Walk anything that looks challenging - and make sure to sandwich yourself between two capable rigs.

And unless you've got recovery points on both ends - forget the spurs. :confused2
                        Ditto. We walked a couple and went "uh, no thanks". This Saturday's not yet definite, but I'll find out tomorrow.

Definitely the main road is doable in the 2wd. VERY scenic. Nice views of both valleys. End right by Silverwood Lake.

Comment

I think a cleghorn run is in store for the near future......
                          Bryan
                          2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
                          front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
                          Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

I would be hip to joining in on a run up there.

Comment

Cleghorn and it's spurs have always been a favorite of mine. I like to take people who are new to wheeling up there to as they can decide what they think of it. A person can get a idea of what harder wheeling is and get some idea of mods it will take to do them. Plus it is the second trail on my list of ways to travel from the west to east of the SBNF with less than 4 miles of paved road. When they FINALLY open the back side of Arrowhead, we can start that up again. Baldy Mesa to Rattlesnake Canyon.
                              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X