Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Stuck!

Didn't know where to stick this thread- My jeep rolled over on to its side yesterday afternoon on 2N17X. We started out on 2N33 where it begins at the day use area for Silverwood Lake and headedeast. I'm heading up there later this morning so call me if you'are able to help. 7606171464

Jeri Lyn
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Hope you get help! Please...do post pictures!
    87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
    ~ Dave Howell

Comment

I talked to Jeri, she flopped it on three rut hill. I have a winch and am willing to go help but a second winch is hightly desireable. Anybody???
      '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Im willing to go help, but dont have a winch, I will give her a call and see if xtra help is needed
        04TJ, 4.0 5spd
        4" rough country springs
        Nth degree arms upper and lower
        1" Currie MML/BL
        Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
        33"BFG MT's
        Lock-rite in the front

Comment

I would say yes. I have rounded up two winches and we are heading up now. We are meeting at the 15/138 interchange (southwest side) at around 12:30. Two winches should get the job done, but anchors would be good. If you can join us that would be great! We will be on channel 1 and my cell # is 310-619-1674...
          '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Too late to help???????? If I logged on earlier I would have been there with my 4 wheel parts raffle mile marker winch. Any way Good luck

Comment

thats a bummer jeri. i hope the rescue goes well for you, and there is minor damage.
              i guess no one was hurt?
              were you out there by yourself?!
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Jeri's up on all fours again. Some other rigs with winches came along before my buddy and I got up there. I'm sure she will update us shortly.

Comment

Thats good to know...I was getting worried, as I had NO way to help out.

Fill us in when you get a chance JeriLyn!

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

THANK YOU GrimJeeper (Terry) and his friend, AVNative, Old Fart (Jeff) and everyone else. You guys ROCK! Don and Jason from the Inland Empire 4 wheelers came over the hill like the cavalry. We had the jeep sorta on the ground (the right way, rubber side down) when they showed up and winched/strapped it upright and on the bottom of the hill.

Don't have many photos. I left my camera at the house Sat night, after having to leave my rig and a friend's on the trail. (He broke a tie rod trying to get to mine to see what the situation was). Rode the back tailgate of a wrangler down 2N17X to the start to go home. Now THAT was fun. Do have a few photos of the beached whale.

Let's see-bent soft top frame, torn frame, pretzled cargo rack, bent somethin' in a cylinder, shredded winch cable and fairlead.... Jeep's at the dealer. Say a prayer they honor the warranty.

Will have to say that being towed up the hills on 2N17X and riding the downhill portions with power NOTHING was an experience.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear all of that! We're glad you're safe, and hope everything gets fixed ok.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                        THANK YOU GrimJeeper (Terry) and his friend, AVNative, Old Fart (Jeff) and everyone else. You guys ROCK! Don and Jason from the Inland Empire 4 wheelers came over the hill like the cavalry. We had the jeep sorta on the ground (the right way, rubber side down) when they showed up and winched/strapped it upright and on the bottom of the hill.

Don't have many photos. I left my camera at the house Sat night, after having to leave my rig and a friend's on the trail. (He broke a tie rod trying to get to mine to see what the situation was). Rode the back tailgate of a wrangler down 2N17X to the start to go home. Now THAT was fun. Do have a few photos of the beached whale.

Let's see-bent soft top frame, torn frame, pretzled cargo rack, bent somethin' in a cylinder, shredded winch cable and fairlead.... Jeep's at the dealer. Say a prayer they honor the warranty.

Will have to say that being towed up the hills on 2N17X and riding the downhill portions with power NOTHING was an experience.
                        No problem. Thanks for getting in touch with me as soon as you were righted. I hope your rig is on the trial before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn

Im glad you got uprighted and nobody was hurt. I also want to thank grim jeeper for calling me (I think he was the only one that knew i was coming) and telling me the calvary was there, Only prob is then i had to do honey-do's :sad: Would have much rather done some wheeling today.. good luck with all jeri-lyn
                          04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                          4" rough country springs
                          Nth degree arms upper and lower
                          1" Currie MML/BL
                          Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                          33"BFG MT's
                          Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Here ya go......

view of the lake and the trail

starting up the hill

damn!

OK, got it upright. Wait, hold it...Crap!

Comment

Ooooch Ouch!

Glad you got her up...is she running?

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
                              X