Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 30th Bronco's Peak

Did'nt end up doing bronco's peak last week went to big bear instead, me and drewinator are going to run Bronco's Peak And sidewinder at corral canyon Out side of San Diego. Trail is a 3-3.5 . We will meet at 8am at the fourcorners trailhead. Hit the trails at 8:30am sharp warm up on sidewinder.

Directions from San Diego

Go east on I8 about 30 miles to Buckman Springs Road (Exit 51). Go
    south on
    Buckman Springs Road about 3.25 miles. You will pass Mountain Empire
    High
    School on your left and a Forest Service facility on your right.
    Shortly
    after passing the Forest Service facility there will be a right turn
    with
    signs for Corral Canyon OHV area. Take the right (Morena Stokes
    Valley Rd.)
    and proceed past the military base. Continue a couple of miles up the
    mountain toward the fire lookout tower. As you reach a saddle of the
    mountain you will see the 4 Corners Parking area of Corral Canyon OHV
    Park.
    Last edited by skates04; 07-26-05, 09:28 PM.
    Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Havent been there yet, if I can find time mind if I join up?
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
      Britain,
      You are more than welcome to join us. Hope you can make it, because we are going to have an awesome time running mother natures best.
      Drew
      95yj Six Pack

Comment

Dreminator,
        4 corners trail head where is this? I'am familular with Buckmans Springs ( slept many a night at the rest stop).
        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
        WEB site

Comment

Riight on..any CB channel?
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

We will be on channel 4, Cell phone coverage is spotty out there but my number is
            760-315-2191
            If any one needs to get a hold of me.

Comment

I'm planning on going. Skates, I must have just missed you last weekend on John Bull. I was behind the old military jeep and passed your group up when you stopped for lunch.
              S
              2000 TJ Sport, 3 spd auto
              4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Comment

Dreminator,
                4 corners trail head where is this? I'am familular with Buckmans Springs ( slept many a night at the rest stop).
                Britain,
                Skates04 gave the directions to the four corners on the first post, you can’t miss it. See ya there dude!
                Drew
                95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by STORMTROOPER
                  I'm planning on going. Skates, I must have just missed you last weekend on John Bull. I was behind the old military jeep and passed your group up when you stopped for lunch.
                  S
                  Right on STORMTROOPER, It looks like we are starting to form a group for some awesome tire gripping.
                  Drew
                  95yj Six Pack

Comment

Britain, this is what i read on Bronco Peak trail:
                    A fun, rock-crawling challenge. Rapidly climbs to an elevation above 4100 feet then quickly drops 700 feet into a canyon. A nasty hardcore trail that climbs up and down gnarly Bronco Peak. Very steep with tight brush and large boulders. Several places are steep enough to cause a rollover if driver is not careful. Front and rear lockers recommended. Hot in the summer. Watch for snakes and poison oak....
                    Drew
                    95yj Six Pack

Comment

Stormtrooper looking forward to wheeling with you out a corral canyon again, I think I remeber seeing your jeep, I remeber seeing a white one with your setup, but never thought it would be you, there were so many people out there.

Comment

Got a leaky front long seal. Just repalced the U/L balls. Thought I speared the seal. Found the long tube slightly bent. Busted the passanger axel bracket hangers couple months ago....will show up if leaks to much will bail.

Never ended up on my head..yet
                        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                        WEB site

Comment

Got a leaky front long seal. Just repalced the U/L balls. Thought I speared the seal. Found the long tube slightly bent. Busted the passanger axel bracket hangers couple months ago....will show up if leaks to much will bail.

Never ended up on my head..yet
                          Got to hand it to ya! You are defiantly a die-hard trooper!
                          Drew
                          95yj Six Pack

Comment

The axel housing bust was in Mexico, Theres some animals I hang with(Mexicans) which have trashed jeeps. toyotas and go to the extremes. Actually there is a rather big off road group in Mexico.

Baja is where you make your trail..do or die. I dont always hang with them cost to much in repair.

I work in Mexico and our import /export person is a avid off roader (Bikes) but has a jeep.

When there is any races in the Baja ( pre runners) usually follows with big party and many off roaders. To Much fun

Only problem down south is keeping an eye on the rig.......gone in 60 sec.

I actually had a Federal Police pull me ove coming out of the Rumorsa, he took picture of the drive train ( was another off roader)

Be looking forward in seeing this trail!!!!
                            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                            WEB site

Comment

The axel housing bust was in Mexico, Theres some animals I hang with(Mexicans) which have trashed jeeps. toyotas and go to the extremes. Actually there is a rather big off road group in Mexico.

Baja is where you make your trail..do or die. I dont always hang with them cost to much in repair.

I work in Mexico and our import /export person is a avid off roader (Bikes) but has a jeep.

When there is any races in the Baja ( pre runners) usually follows with big party and many off roaders. To Much fun

Only problem down south is keeping an eye on the rig.......gone in 60 sec.

I actually had a Federal Police pull me ove coming out of the Rumorsa, he took picture of the drive train ( was another off roader)

Be looking forward in seeing this trail!!!!
                              Sounds rough dude! Maybe should consider leaving your rig in the states when at work and taking a YUGO across the boarder. Let them steal that.
                              Drew
                              95yj Six Pack

Comment

Working...
                              X