Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/23 Big Bear Trail Report

Great run guys! Glad everyone made it out there. Should of gotten better pics but my dad was the camera man and was too busy spotting me. Heres what i got before my camera got smashed!

Gold mountain....where my trail damage begins. He made it look too easy.

Kevin and Skate....good job keeping the new jeep new dispite my encouragement.

Top of gold mountain

First 3 wheel action of the day!

Skate disrespecting his jeep

Tried to jump the rocks! about a second later he had both front tires completely off the ground!

Traffic Jam due to trail maintance....theres over 10 jeeps in line not including the EXCURSION!

Me trying to get more body damage....or a popped side wall!

Kevin abusing his bumper the whole way through the trail...Daystar, strong bumpers!

Last pic on holcomb creek before the camera got smashed!

THe only damage that was seen was ME. three cut sidewalls (stupid mastercrafts) and a nice scrape alongside my driver side door from the John Bull entrance. Thanks for everyones help with my TIRES!!! If you guys want me to email you pic of your rig just PM me with your email address and a discription of it ( i forget names easy). good times, maybe we can do Holcomb creek next month.

THanks for everyones help with my brittle tires!
    87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
    ~ Dave Howell

Nate - this is way too funny - I was leading the group that aired down _right behind you_ at the base of Gold Mountain.

My apologies - As the AAT coordinator I should have at least walked up and introduced myself (or on a more anal note - as an OHV volunteer I should have checked y'all for Adventure Passes)
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
      Nate - this is way too funny - I was leading the group that aired down _right behind you_ at the base of Gold Mountain.

My apologies - As the AAT coordinator I should have at least walked up and introduced myself (or on a more anal note - as an OHV volunteer I should have checked y'all for Adventure Passes)

If i would have told you i left mine at home would you of called the adventure pass police on me??? LOL. You should of....it would have been great to meet ya. Did you do JB too???
      87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

We ran Gold Mountain, with the intent of running Jacoby and then Horsethief. Had several new "Host Candidates" with us - some very new to wheeling, so we stayed on the easier stuff (I even passed on 3N69A)

There was a group of Dirt Devils behind us (3N34/Dishpan Springs AAT club), let them get past us at the top (that XJ in our group had lost front drive - had to strap him up the first set of rocks, and winch him up the stairsteps).

We broke for lunch where 3N02 meets 3N16, then headed for 3N61 (Jacoby) when one of the group spotted smoke. Maps and radios came out, called it in to Dispatch - turned out that lightning had struck the backside of Gold Mountain right after we left!

Never made it any further than that.

Would only have issued a warning on the Adventure Pass (many, many push-ups)!
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Had a great time up at Big Bear, It was nice meeting all of you hopefully we can get together again soon for some more wheelin.
          Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

Cool pics, Wish i could have gone but have to work on saturdays.. Whenver you guys do a sunday run let me know, would like to go and also meet everybody..
            04TJ, 4.0 5spd
            4" rough country springs
            Nth degree arms upper and lower
            1" Currie MML/BL
            Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
            33"BFG MT's
            Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by skates04
              Had a great time up at Big Bear, It was nice meeting all of you hopefully we can get together again soon for some more wheelin.
              thinking of doing holcomb creek next month sometime after i get the tire situation taken care of (busted 3 side walls....weak @ss side walls).

Just wrote mastercraft today....if anyone has an inside or intel on this company and what else i should do PM me or email me at natejanis@adelphia.net .
              87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Scott and I (Big Rick) had a lot of fun yeterday. It could not have been better weather and the the group was stress free!! Thanks for all the fun.
                See you on the trails.
                Rubi,5sp, Gold, OME lift, Viair 450H SwayLoc, JKS 1.25" BL & 1" MM , GY 285/75-16 MTR's. Warn 9500Ti, dual Yellow Optima's, Nth' 1.25"drop TT /UCA's, T W DS, JKS F&R LCA's, M.O.R.E H C Front Bumper.

Comment

Rick you did a great job leading, and telling us about the area as we were going through the trails. Thanks!
                  Lucas
                  Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

Originally posted by BigRick
                    Scott and I (Big Rick) had a lot of fun yeterday. It could not have been better weather and the the group was stress free!! Thanks for all the fun.
                    See you on the trails.
                    Yes! Many thanks to Mr. BIGRICK! Hope you join us for the Holcomb run, or invite us to a run of your desire.
                    Drew
                    95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by skates04
                      Rick you did a great job leading, and telling us about the area as we were going through the trails. Thanks!
                      Lucas
                      Lucas,
                      Are you still up for Bronco Peak and then some, next Saturday? Let me know and we can start a new thread to announce the run.
                      Drew
                      95yj Six Pack

Comment

Hey i think i might have seen some of you guys airing back up at the dump, off of 3n16. I was in my 72 powerwagon trying to get into the dump that was closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator
                          Lucas,
                          Are you still up for Bronco Peak and then some, next Saturday? Let me know and we can start a new thread to announce the run.
                          I think i am going to have to pass up on this run....every run for that matter until i get new tires, it could be a while.

Oh, Thanks Rick for the great guiding....do you do SCORE racing too? LOL.
                          87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by Rawkon
                            I was in my 72 powerwagon trying to get into the dump that was closed.
                            what do you mean?
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                              what do you mean?
                              I hope that he doesn't mean anything sexual
                              Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

Working...
                              X