Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowher Flats B&T TJ's test run.

Ended up being a solo run but that was ok since I wanted to spend time testing stuff, new gears/locker and tires.
    Well I'm very happy with the 4:56 33" combo, 67-68mph @2500rpm in 5th and no slowing on grades using cruise control, kinda like stock when I had 30's & 3:73's.
    The Goodyear Wranglers are so frigin noisy I'll be wearing ear plugs, (got those second hand so not a hugh thing, I'll wear them out).
    The Detroit Ture Trac seemed to work fine too, didn't really notice it.

Here some pic's.
    The first ones were during my idle test let's say. I idled up this entire climb choosing the most diffcult line, it never gave up. It's been said the I6 delivers 85% of it max torque at idle, it does. Again like when it was stock.

Checking the clearence, it's close

A poser

Then disaster.

Won't know till tomorrow what's broke but it's in the rear.
    After running the trail both directions and in 2 wheel drive on the access road I heard a bang then click, click, click.... only when decelerating or braking. So I proceded slowly home (probably a pinon gear) then within 10 miles from home another bang and another and the rear end locking up, tires barking and some more banging. It was over, I exspected to see parts flying, oil smoke driveshaft coming through the floor, I nearly took out another car trying to get to the side (hinesight, should have taken off the rear shaft) not fun.
    So the guy who did my gear work came and opened his shop (pictured) and gave me a lift home, most likley it will be warrantied, it's only been a week and first time out at freeway speeds and on the trail. He was suprised this happened with a D44.

So now I know what it feels like to have a rear end give up the ghost at 45mph, suddenly.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
    I heard a bang then click, click, click.... only when decelerating or braking. So I proceded slowly home (probably a pinon gear) then within 10 miles from home another bang and another and the rear end locking up, tires barking and some more banging. It was over, I exspected to see parts flying, oil smoke driveshaft coming through the floor
    Know that feeling all to well! Marvin did that to me in 2003 just to keep us out of the Hi Desert Round up that year.
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Man sorry to hear about the probs, but at least they happened right away instead of a year down the road!!!

Sorry i couldnt make it, but had honey do's i had to do as my mom was supposed to be here tomorrow and my uncle tuesday, Am im really pissed now because my mom called tonight and told me she hadnt left yet but will be leaving tomorrow, so I could have gone had she called me last night!!!!

Jeep is looking real good!!! Hopefully one of these coming weekends after fathers day weekend can make a run with you!!!!!
      04TJ, 4.0 5spd
      4" rough country springs
      Nth degree arms upper and lower
      1" Currie MML/BL
      Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
      33"BFG MT's
      Lock-rite in the front

Comment

you broke a tooth off the ring or pinyon. the chunk got caught in the gears and the rear locked up. glad to hear your alright, that stuff can be nasty.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Well, I did a solo run up the steep side - figured I'd run into you guys.

Didn't see anyone - I started up the trail at about 11:00 -

found a few other jeepers around -

Sorry to hear about the mishap - at least you made it almost home.

I didn't see any major rain damage at all.

Till next time.
          Kirk
          1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

sry to hear it man, i wish i could go but the jeep broke down on me so i didnt wanna play with karma. Its good that your ok

Justin
            ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
            |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
            ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
            Locked and Ready

Comment

Damn-it Tom!

Im sorry to hear that you broke something. I hope its not too serious. Let us know if you need anything.

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Well I just got off the phone w/the gear guy and it's going to be covered, won't cost me a dime and the housing is in good shape too. Hopefully nothing else up stream (t-case...) got mashed up. Not sure if that can happen since I'm new to the diff. gernading thing.
                Turns out there's a bolt in the Ture Trak that holds a block in place for those non-C-clip app's like mine, it wasn't torqued and it backed out taking out the pinion which took out the ring gear... That's the good news, the bad news is it won't be ready till tomorrow. Well I guess that's not such bad news after all.
                Suddenly that knot in my stomach went away and I don't feel so bad.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

good to hear, should the jeep be running by the weekend?
                  ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                  |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                  ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                  Locked and Ready

Comment

Originally posted by assyrianplyr127
                    good to hear, should the jeep be running by the weekend?
                    Should be but no wheelin for a few weeks.

B&T TJ

Comment

At least it still looks cool on the truck. But it's not as clean as usual.... BTW sweet pictures, wish I could have joined you but I was in oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully

At least it still looks cool on the truck. But it's not as clean as usual.... BTW sweet pictures, wish I could have joined you but I was in oregon.

We depend on you for that clean as a mirror look
                        you should ring your buffer wheeling LOL
                        Seriously, in that 3rd and 4th pic do you have a star filter on? I see lines off the sun spot reflection.
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

LOL i have a pic just like that from when mine broke down.....ill post when i get them
                          ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                          |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                          ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                          Locked and Ready

Comment

Na, no filter. A friend says it's lens flare or a dirty lens since you don't see those with the naked eye, but I said I do see those w/my eye. Maybe it's time for some glasses.
                            And guess what, it's back and all clean again.

B&T TJ

Comment

Working...
                            X