• Show
Clear All

• Cal 4 Wheel High Desert Roundup/Afton Canyon Photos

Here's the link and a few photos.

http://www.gotgroceries.net/Cal4Whee...dup/index.html

88 XJ Wagoneer/06 Frontier NISMO KC
    "Got Groceries ?"

NICE PICS!
    i'll get the few i have uploaded, and post them as well.
    we had a great time out there. it was damn hot, and plenty windy though.
    pumpkin eater was gnarley.
    out of 30 jeeps, i think 8 made it through the first part, and 3-4 through the second part.
    great time.
    the following day, sat. we ran doran/odessa. it was nice as well.
    great wheeling, and even better people at the camp
    chris, it was a pleasure to meet your family, and a great time to have jessica riding shotgun. i hope i didnt scare her too bad through the doran entrance. :yay: .
    jason, as always your kids were nice to have around.
    i'll get that ARB fixed, and ready for the next one.
    pics to come
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

very nice pics, i want to go on a trail ride with some friends soon. Iam making a trip out to alto with 1 cj- 5 another tj and a fj60 in a couple weeks ill post some pics.

Comment

HDR Report

Cool rattlesnake. We got one of a giant lizard.

We had a ball. Found Erik up there and met a couple of new folks too. Our run to Calico to do Doran and Odessa again was great. Sure is a lot easier in a built jeep. Thanks for leading, Erik. Erik's the best trail-hand we could have asked for. He even took my daughter riding shot-gun up the waterfall at Doran, what a stud!! BTW, a couple of those rocks he pulled down at the end of Odessa are some real grinders

We left Saturday morning for Barstow at 5am. We got to Barstow by 7:30 but the 4.5 mile drive in to the event site took almost an hour. What a road! It's fine for a jeep, but not for a big RV. But there were about a hundred of them there, everybody just crawled in there. Very well attended, and a really nice group of people.

We missed Pumpkin Eater and I guess that's a good thing! We hustled to get ready to go out, get kids dressed and make a quick lunch, air down and drop the doors off the jeep. We just made it to the line up to do the Devils Loop Run with 60 other jeepers. It was long and we waited a lot, but we had fun and met a bunch of nice people. Kings pulled off right away for a buddy of theirs in an old jeep PU that got a slashed tire just past the trailhead. In fact, I heard of at least 3 or 4 BFG tires that didn't make it. There was a rig with a broken motor mount, and somebody else broke an axle. And that was supposed to be an easy run!

I followed a 'Trail Hand', Olaf, in a Land Rover Discovery. I was surprised when he tried four times to make it through one of the tough sections with a bypass and then gave up, and I just breezed through it the first try. He took a lot of other by-passes later on. Oh well. I was pretty tickled with my 'new' jeep.

They had a TON of raffle prizes but of course we won nothing. We even had everybody's tickets as they all went home. Good thing they weren't tenting it Sunday night, it must have blown at least 50mph. Our coach is 20K lbs and on jacks and it was moving around. The big tent the event was in was blowing away earlier Sunday afternoon so they put jeeps with winches all the way around it and tied it down. It was literally raising up and moving. This thing was like 40' by about 100' long.

Hope to see the new folks online here. Hope some more of MJR can make it next year. It's a fun event with lots to do, and a neat place to wheel and campout over a long weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
          I followed a 'Trail Hand', Olaf, in a Land Rover Discovery. I was surprised when he tried four times to make it through one of the tough sections with a bypass and then gave up, and I just breezed through it the first try. He took a lot of other by-passes later on. Oh well.
          I guess I'll have to give him some crap later.
          88 XJ Wagoneer/06 Frontier NISMO KC
          "Got Groceries ?"

Comment

We had a Great time at the round-up as well. It was good to meet up with the other MJR folks.
            Yeah, we had to back out of Devils Loop when our buddy slashed not one but two tires within a mile! On Sunday we ran the games instead of more trails. Sandy (king4wd2) one her first trophy ever for the Turtle race (1st place!). I'll let her tell the full story on that. I got soaked in the wet lap, lost my "spear" like a dork during the potato race and got nowhere even remotely close to the pin in the horseshoe race. It did blow like mad Sunday night though. It tore up the fly for our tent. Now we're all psyched up and can't wait for Panamint.
            It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
            and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

I'm sorrry...

Originally posted by MJR
              I guess I'll have to give him some crap later.
              Oops, sorry Olaf. Didn't mean to let you down so hard! If you had said you were a fellow MJR guy I would have gone easier :tongue:

Comment

O yeah forgot to mention very rad pic of the rattle snake.

Comment

here are the few HDR pics i took.
                  click the pic.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

It was a blast. Met a few new folks. Chris, you and your family rock. Thanks for the shade and hospitality. Erik, thanks for leading Odessa. I like that trail. Even with the new rocks.
                    The new axle and everything worked great. I am very happy with the way things turned out. A few things to change but overall no problems.
                    That wind home was a pain. 4 cyl, 33's, and a loaded down rack made for 3rd gear screaming at 4500 rpms just to keep it at 50.

Comment

For those of you that were there at HDR will notice that I won first place in the Turtle Race. But, it took me 3 tries to finish the dang thing!! The first time I went through Tom spotted me and I got hung up so that DQ'd me and the second time I got hung up put towards the end and that DQ'd me, but I was bound and determine to finish that race!!! The third time Tom rode with me and made it through this time!! What wasn't mentioned during the awards was I was the only female with a standard transmission that made it through the others were dq'd and quit after their first time through. The ladies and the entrance to the Turtle Race knew me by name by the third time through!! My gang at camp kept bowing at me saying, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" BTW, that is the first trophy ever in my life that I won!!!

We had a great time even though we didn't finish Devil's Loop, but it was nice to see Erik again and Chris (Cjdirtbike) and family and whoever the other guy was, didn't get a name!
                      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                      X