This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/21: Rodman Mountain Petroglyphs Invitation

We are headed to Rodman Mountains to photograph the Petroglyphs. Some thought to be over 11,000 years old. We will search for the Intagilos and photograph them as well. Then we will head over to the Stoddard Wells OHV area. And drive one of those trails to finish out our day. As a preview of the upcoming HDR Event. Space is limited and there are some requirements.
    If you are interested please email me at WLD257@msn.com and I will send you more details and trip requirements

Please keep in mind this is an exploration trip. Although I do have the GPS There is a 95% chance we will find the petroglyphs. Stoddard OHV area is an easy find, but has some challenging trails. We will drive only those trails that meets our group vehicle capabilties.

The date is this Saturday on May 21, 2005. It will be a day trip only.

what kinda requirements are you talkin about?

Comment

Vehicle requirements would be a wonderful addition to this post.
      Bryan
      2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
      front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
      Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffa
        Vehicle requirements would be a wonderful addition to this post.
        I use a group email system since many of the people frequent different sites. That way I do not have to check on each site and post the same thing several times. And of course many of the questions are similiar.

Here is what will be sent out in the group email as soon as I reach 10 vehicles total.

Hey all here is a list of the essentials that will be needed for this trip.

1.) A working Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
        2.) Responsible Off Road Driving
        3.) A tow strap
        4.) A Spare Tire
        5.) A CB Radio
        6.) A High Lift Jack or a Jack that you can use to change your tire or get off a rock
        7.) A Fire Extinguisher
        8.) Food for the day
        9.) One Gallon of water per person in each vehicle
        10.) If you bring a pet, you must bring a leash if needed in the wilderness area and area of critical concern
        11.) No Alcohol drinking on the trail. Save it for the end of the trip!

Things that are also recommended

1.) Sunscreen
        2.) Hiking Boots
        3.) FRS Radio
        4.) first aid kit
        5.) maps of the area
        6.) Binoculars (this is an area for Golden Eagle Nesting)
        7.) Camera
        8.) Jacket and warm clothes if needed
        9.) Cell Phone

Trail Etiquette:
        1.) We are responsible for the person driving behind us. (If they stop, you stop)
        2.) We will stay on all the established trails near Wilderness areas and areas of Critical Concern
        3.) We will Trend Lightly
        4.) We will respect others on the trail
        5.) We will leave the Archeological Sites the way we found them
        6.) We will make sure everyone has a fun and safe trip
        7.) No one will be left behind!

If you are interested and I hope some of you MJR's are. Then email me at WLD257@MSN.COM and I will add you to the list.

WLD

Comment

lost my hi-lift back in arizona and i don't have a fire extinguisher lol . . ..hmmmmm

Comment

lost my hi-lift back in arizona and i don't have a fire extinguisher lol . . ..hmmmmm
            I don't think it is necessary to make fun of someones requirements for a trail run.
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

This sounds like it could be very interesting and my son would love to see something like this! But, sadly it is not to be. Unfortunately, I have to live within a budget and two consecutive weekend runs don't fit in. :mad:
              4:1 ratio racing

Comment

Im interested, but I don't know if I can make that date... I'll let ya know!

Michael
                1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                  I don't think it is necessary to make fun of someones requirements for a trail run.
                  i wasn't making fun at all. i seriously lost my hi-lift in az (behind comfort in in tempe if anyone wants it) and i don't have a fire extinguisher

Comment

Working...
                  X