This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PISMO: June 25-27

would anyone like to go to pismo in june? let me know plz i'm not working so i can go any time..
    2004 TJ stock
    photo of me an my baby

jeep girl do it better!!
    wanted good man taking apps inquir with in

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:09 pm Post subject: PISMO BEACH!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...time for some fun, sun, sand and surf. cmetopless818 and I decided it's time to go.

WHERE

Pismo!

I have included the links for Oceano SRVA below.

WHEN

June 25 - 27 , 2005 Yep. Saturday through Monday. (One of us couldn't get Friday off. [] )

Yes, I know the kids are out of school and there might be crowds, but Pismo can be very chilly and the beach is not fun if it is cold.

WEATHER

Bring your bathing suit, but bring warm clothes too. The weather is changable. Dress in layers. (Hmmmm bikini under a bikini....only in a Jeep.)

CAMPING

There is a fee. Please see the website for amounts.

The camping is primative. Portapotties are provided, but you have to haul everything else in (ie water). Tents that need staking will need sandbags instead. Self-supporting tents (domes and such) are recommended.

Large motorhomes can camp on the beach and always do. Airdown and bring a shovel just in case. Getting a motorhome stuck is a very definite possiblity.

Be prepared for sand in everything.

Pismo Beach is just a run up the beach for gas, ice, beer and wood.

FUN

Bonfires are welcome but don't bring pallets. Pallets have nails in them and nails shred tires.

Lots of dunes to play on. Night riding is fun if done carefully. (Remember: sand and salt will mean a thorough cleaning when you get home to prevent corrosion.)

Sorry surfers...last time I was there the surf there is Barbie surf. And even she would be frustrated by the small swells. Check the website for further info on that subject.

Warning: The parties are non-stop. You're neighbors will be blasting music and carousing until dawn. Bring earplugs and your patience.

SAFETY

This is a great run for all you stockers out there. No special equipment other than safety gear required. Tow points front and rear mandatory. Airdown and have fun. I aired down to 15 lbs but got stuck. Ten to eight pounds is better.

You can buy flags at the beach from vendors for very little money. Flags are recommended to make you more visible in the dunes. They can be lashed to a rollbar.

WEBSITE INFO

http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=406

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1207

Be sure to look at the aerial photos of the beach and the mix of vehicles that can make it onto the beach. There was a Porsche Boxter on the beach when I was there last.

jeep girl do it better!!

Comment

I am in. I have been wanting to do some beach camping since I moved out to Cali. My girlfriend and I would love to join. Do you know if they allow Dogs up there?

Comment

yes they do you just have to pay a little more an you have to keep them on a leach
        2004 TJ stock
        photo of me an my baby

jeep girl do it better!!

Comment

Im in, im probbaly goin to be there with my uncle he has his jeep also, we ride quads up there about once a month and this seems like a good date anyway. Its defanatly fun to drive in the sand, its a bit faster than trail ride though. I recommend that if you are going, call in advance and make a reservation, beacuse they could be packed and theres no way of you getting in.

Thanks
          Justin
          ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
          |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
          ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
          Locked and Ready

Comment

hello

is everyone still going to pismo next weekend???
            2004 TJ stock
            photo of me an my baby

jeep girl do it better!!

Comment

Unfortunately, I have a change in plans. Since the 4th of July is the following weekend, i am making that one a four day and heading up there. I will be there Thursday night, June 30th and just hanging out on Friday. Then heading up to Oakland to visit some friends. Sorry guys, I will make a trip very soon.

Comment

Beware of the wind

I have been to Pismo in May and June this year so far and man has it been real windy. We had to hold the tent down with gear.

The guys at the ATV rental places say it has been real windy non stop for several months, they have even been stopping renting ATV's out when it gets to bad.

All you coast people prolly know this but thought I would through it out.

We were just there 2 weeks ago.

The nights are good though and early morning but from 1000 til about 7 pm it is bad windy

Also if camping make a reservation, the weekend we went the campground on the beach was full.
                Last edited by 97ZJMH; 06-21-05, 10:25 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Thanks for the tip. If its that bad, we will find something else to do locally around there. How were the waves? Worth bringing a board?

Comment

yea it gets really windy up there sometimes, but then others its nice, ussualy in the night time, we cant make it up this weekend, but its a forsure on the weekend of july 15, 16, 17 have a great time everyone
                    ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                    |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                    ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                    Locked and Ready

Comment

pismo

if you camp in the dunes it is not as windy
                      2004 TJ stock
                      photo of me an my baby

jeep girl do it better!!

Comment

Waves are good but blown over

Surf can be real good there at the high tides. Waved up to 4 foot.

The wind was just confirmed agian last weekend. The peaks of the dunes are blown over too. The wind is just as bad in the dunes it has been blowing so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by 97ZJMH
                          Surf can be real good there at the high tides. Waved up to 4 foot.

The wind was just confirmed agian last weekend. The peaks of the dunes are blown over too. The wind is just as bad in the dunes it has been blowing so hard.
                          hahaha the last 2 years there has been about 5 shark spottings out in that very water, id ont thin surfing is the best idea, but the waves are def. big
                          ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                          |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                          ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                          Locked and Ready

Comment

sharks? you mean you do not surf in waters shark swim in?
                            neither do I
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                            X