Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear

I went out to Big Bear this Weekend. It was a perfect weekend out there weather-wise. We did the 2N61Y off of the 38. It was a really cool trail. Lot of steep loose rock climbs with some big boulders in the way. I should have some pics later when they get emailed to me. I bent a tie rod. Thats all the trail damage.

Our purpose for the weekend was trail clean up on Tip Top Mountain (2N90), But we headed out a day early to get some fun in. The rains washed a few spots of the trail away, so we had to fill them back in with rocks and dirt, and of course, we picked up a lot of trash.

I have to say, I love the new OBA.... :thumbs_up
    Last edited by TJSUPE; 04-18-05, 06:14 PM.
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Here are a few pics from the run. Sorry for the small pics.

Daisy..

Working.

Plenty of Mine Shafts out there.
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

I've never heard of that trail. Looks like fun!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Looks like a fun trip. Did you venture over to Gold Mountain, Holcomb Creek, White Mountain or John Bull? If so is it still icy and snowy. Or has it turned to mud?

Comment

We didnt get a chance to get over there. I would imagine that they would have some snow banks. We hit a few on the trails we did.
          Supe

Comment

I was in BB last Sunday, Gold Mountain no snow, tons 3 weeks prior didn't get to far, Jacoby no snow. John Bull had snow in some spots, one area everyone was winched up unless they had 35's. I was up in BB yesterday for EarthDay with NAXJA cleaning up trash on their trail 2N04 no snow.
            *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
            Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
            Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Ran Gold Mountain yesterday (backwards) with some of my fellow SBNFAOHV folks - no snow. The three stairstep sections were pretty washed out

Got a Suburban across ok.
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
              X