Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Desert Round Up, May 27-30

Anybody plan on going this year? It is Memorial Day weekend in Stoddard Valley.

http://www.hidesertroundup.com/index.htm

MJR Calendar Event, Roll Call & Specifics
    Please refer to the calendar event for updated specifics - if they are listed in this thread they will be updated on the calendar.
    Last edited by sarah; 05-08-05, 01:52 PM. Reason: added calendar event
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Wish i could, got so much going on next few months with aniversary and family coming out for daughters graduation i cant take any extra time off
    04TJ, 4.0 5spd
    4" rough country springs
    Nth degree arms upper and lower
    1" Currie MML/BL
    Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
    33"BFG MT's
    Lock-rite in the front

Comment

I dont have any plans for that Memorial Day and have never wheeled in that area, So Im pretty interested in going
      Last edited by skates04; 03-28-05, 12:04 AM.
      Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

Originally posted by skates04
        It says Memorial Day weekend on the site, Labor Day is in September?? Anyways I dont have any plans for that Memorial Day and have never wheeled in that area, So Im pretty interested in going
        Edited.....

Comment

We won't be able to make it this year, but anyone that can make it should go - there's some fun trails in dem der hills! Here are some photos from a couple of years ago.
          High Desert Round Up Photos 2003
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Memorial Day is way to advance for me to even think about planning.
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

That's less than two months away! I am planning on attending, and hopefully I won't rip the rear brake line off of my Jeep like I did last year!
              4:1 ratio racing

Comment

Don't forget Pumpkin Eater. We didn't do this one at HDR, so this will give you an idea of what to expect if you decide to sign up for this one. I think they limit it to 25 rigs or something. It took us all afternoon to get up the first canyon, we didn't even run the whole trail. Although, the first canyon is much more difficult than the rest of it.

:shades: rick
                1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
                  Don't forget Pumpkin Eater. We didn't do this one at HDR, so this will give you an idea of what to expect if you decide to sign up for this one. I think they limit it to 25 rigs or something. It took us all afternoon to get up the first canyon, we didn't even run the whole trail. Although, the first canyon is much more difficult than the rest of it.

:shades: rick
                  There is good reason that htey limit the number of vehicles to 25 max! It took us all day (9am to 6pm) to move 3 Jeeps all the way up the trail to the 2nd water fall, and one of the Jeeps was a Rubicon with a long arm kit on 37's.

With that said, I've run it on twice 33's and one locker. It's fun trail if you take your time and take care of your equipment and you should have a good time!

Comment

The Kings will be there this year!!! My brother might be there also, but with his Dodge Dakota and taking it on the easy run! We'll be there with a friend of ours.
                    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Can we get the Roll Call link??
                      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW
                        There is good reason that htey limit the number of vehicles to 25 max! It took us all day (9am to 6pm) to move 3 Jeeps all the way up the trail to the 2nd water fall, and one of the Jeeps was a Rubicon with a long arm kit on 37's.

With that said, I've run it on twice 33's and one locker. It's fun trail if you take your time and take care of your equipment and you should have a good time!
                        Chances are the Jeeps were't ready for that trail. Locked front and rear. LSD's don't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                          Chances are the Jeeps were't ready for that trail. Locked front and rear. LSD's don't cut it.
                          I thought for a little bit before I responded to this e-mail. I think that you are right in stating that our Jeeps were not totally prepared for this trail. Yes, we could have used lockers in both the front & rear axles and another winch on one of the vehicles. But, that doesn't preclude us from going out and having fun trying to go as far as we could w/o breaking parts.
                          I have read on this board and in other places where much better prepared rigs have broken on the very same trail. So, I guess that it's up to each person to decide what they and there rig is capable of getting into and out of. I've heard experiance wheelers claim that a certain hill couldn't be climbed w/o having at least one locker and then watched my buddy climb that very same hill in his TJ with nothing more than a factory limited slip in the rear axle.
                          So, we all go out and wheel to the best of our rigs abilities and have a good time doing it! Just my $0.02.

Comment

Since that is in the Barstow area, we may stop by. We are going to be in the area north of Barstow minning for gold in the desert.

We will do some wheeling with my parents, who have an XJ.
                            It will be only some mild stuff for them, since it is not lifted, and is a DD.

Navy-Jeepster
                            Proud to Serve
                            Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                            Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I'll be there helping out the KJ LOST West club who is helping out the Dirt Devil's on the Devil's Loop run. Here's a couple of photos from the prerun weekend before last. At the bottom is a link to the rest of the photos.

http://gotgroceries.net/HighDesertRo...405/index.html
                              Last edited by MJR; 04-25-05, 06:53 PM.
                              88 XJ Wagoneer/06 Frontier NISMO KC
                              "Got Groceries ?"

Comment

Working...
                              X