• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojave Road: April 8

Mojave Road run planned for April 8th. See details HERE
    2000 TJ Sport, 3 spd auto
    4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Looks like fun - isn't there a limit to the number of vehicles per group though?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I think there is a maximum. 50 comes to mind, but I don't anticipate getting anything near that much. I would be surprised if we got 5.
      4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Comment

Maybe we can make this. Project Jeep is under way for other spring runs, so we'll see how that is going around the time of this run.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Max vehicles per group on Mojave Road as I remember is 8. Besides the legalities, any bigger than that and it really becomes a bit unwieldy.

We got off to a late start and camped at Ft Piute the first night. Kinda glad we did because we spent hours that evening and the next morning just checking out the ruins and the petroglyphs.

Sounds like a great trip plan, but there is just SOOO much to see that the next time we go, we're going to set aside 3 nights and 4 days.

You have obviously read Dennis Casebier's book, The Mojave Road Guide, which is such an interesting resource before the trip and puts a lot of the road in historical perspective.

Have a great trip and don't forget a penny for the Penny Can!
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Just read the relevant pages in Casebier's book. Seems we have pretty good memories. On NPS land (about 2/3 of the trip) you must have a special permit if traveling in a group larger that 7 vehicles (or 15 people). On BLM land a permit is required if the group has 50 or more vehicles. I'm quite sure we will have 7 vehicles or less Sarah, hope your rig is in working order by then.
            Steve
            4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Comment

This sounds like fun! But I know there is noway I can make it.
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

That sounds like fun. Wish I could go.... :sad:

Jeri Lyn
                Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

hi

how good of a 4x4 do you have to be??
                  2004 TJ stock
                  photo of me an my baby

jeep girl do it better!!
                  wanted good man taking apps inquir with in

Comment

Any stock Jeep is fine, just be prepared to air down and air up. Bring tow strap and have tow points. This is not a super technical ride, IMHO, except for a few sandy washes and one or two rutted slopes.
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

I am heading out there in April with my other club. We are putting up some sort of memorial for a member of our club that has passed away way too early. M R was his favorite trail.

Jason
                      The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

For the most part the MR is flat and straight on dry ground. In some places it can be a washboard too. These sections can be done in 2wd. There are a few hilly sections with embedded rocks that may require 4x4 or a skillful driver. There are a few sections which I think require a 4x4. There are a few long stretches of thick sand, and the 4+ miles across the soda lake. Getting across the lake may not be possible this time of year, regardless of your rig. If so, we go around.
                        4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Comment

:mad: :sad: Dang!!! All the real interesting runs seem to happen when i have to work or have plans i cant get out of. One of these days i will catch one of the good ones..
                          04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                          4" rough country springs
                          Nth degree arms upper and lower
                          1" Currie MML/BL
                          Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                          33"BFG MT's
                          Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Stay out of Soda lake, its good until you get to the middle, it turns to mud every where, and a river in the middle. I just posted, my trail report in the trail report section, If you never have done the trail before, your in for a treat!!!! Its well worth the trip and is definatley an experiance you will never for get!!
                            A GPS with the plotted route is a good idea as well
                            http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3944
                            Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

Its over

Well, We did it and it was fun. Here's the trip report, and a bunch of pictures

Mojave Road Trail Report
                              4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Comment

Working...
                              X