X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackZZR
    replied
    Awesome pics
    places like that need to be protected for our future generations, I am glad he does not post openly

Leave a comment:

• tjchad
    replied
    Went to a similar place in Mexico off of hiway 2 east of Tecate with my Native American history class. It was so cool seeing paintings and evidence of life here 4000 + years ago.
    The place is accessible in a small truck with decent clearance. No 4x4 needed.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by goodtimes
    Sarah, there is a really cool book by Bill Mann.....(actually, I think there is a series of 3 books), Guide to 50 interesting and mysterious sites in the Mojave.

The Bacon Stip Ranch isn't in any of them, a friend just happened to come across that odd little deal while exploring one day.
    Thanks, I might just pick that up.

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Sarah, there is a really cool book by Bill Mann.....(actually, I think there is a series of 3 books), Guide to 50 interesting and mysterious sites in the Mojave.

The Bacon Stip Ranch isn't in any of them, a friend just happened to come across that odd little deal while exploring one day.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    mmm, bacon megaphone. I wanna see this stuff!

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    oops, not "flying bacon ranch"....it is the Bacon Strip Ranch.

Very nice guy owns it. I haven't seen him (or the ranch) in a couple years.....

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Yea, looking for the website....

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Bacon Ranch!?!?

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Those look familiar.........I think I have been there. Is that near the desert megaphone?
    Last edited by goodtimes; 03-16-05, 11:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Hey, cool, not that far away! I will send you an email, and thanks.

Leave a comment:

• WLD
    replied
    They are north east of Barstow, if you are interested in visiting them, send me an email and I will send you a map with the coordinates on them.. I do not post coordinates on an open forum. Most people have respect for places of this nature. But there is a few who do not and have destroyed some. It is impossible to monitor it because they do not have to belong to the club to see the posts.

WLD257@msn.com

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Wow, those photos are really cool. Where exactly was this?

Leave a comment:

• WLD
    started a topic Searching for the Ancient Ones of the Mojave

Searching for the Ancient Ones of the Mojave

We took off heading north into the Mojave Desert. The region of Inscription Canyon and the Petroglyph carved thousands of years ago by the Paleo Indians. What we found was amazing, and I am still digesting and researching the clues left behind of these people who lived in this area up to 5000 years B.C. When they arrived is not known, some have speculated up to 12,000 years B.C.

Here is the trip report and pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/wld2000
Working...
X