Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terra Del Sol Safari 2005

We headed for Terra Del Sol's Safari 2005. I first saw it last year when I climbed Whale Peak. Hundreds and Hundreds of offroad vehicles. An incredible sight and a incredible event. That we attended this year.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wld2000

I went to it and enjoyed it. Those kinds of events don't suit me well though. I like smaller events and runs with 5 or less vehicles. That's when I have the most fun. My favorite event was Panamint Valley Days. Its smaller and doesn't seem to attract the dumbasses that make it to the big one.
    2000 TJ Sport, 3 spd auto
    4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Comment

Cool pics, welcome aboard. I moved this thread to the "trail reports" forum.
      Sarah
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks Sarah, I am glad you enjoyed them. I will find the trail reports forum and post the future trips there.

StormTrooper, smaller groups have a lot more advantages. But it was cool to see a large event up close and to be apart of it for the first time.

Originally posted by sarah
        Cool pics, welcome aboard. I moved this thread to the "trail reports" forum.
        Sarah

Comment

Did you happen to see us there, WLD? Or the Rock-It Man booth - were you one of the ones we talked to by chance?
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks WLD

Originally posted by WLD
            We headed for Terra Del Sol's Safari 2005. I first saw it last year when I climbed Whale Peak. Hundreds and Hundreds of offroad vehicles. An incredible sight and a incredible event. That we attended this year.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wld2000

I always enjoy your pictures. It helps with the girlfriend because your including flowers in your pictures helps me to get her out on the the trail too.

As a funny aside, when I left TDS early Saturday morning, I took a detour through Ocotillo OHV. (I had to find some geocaches.) I went up Devil's Slide which it appears your group had fun going down too. But as I made it to the top of the hill the few quads and motorcycles that were right there started clapping. I think it surprised them to see a jeep instead of a sand toy.

Dave

Comment

Sarah, I am sorry, I did not have the pleasure of seeing you guys. Nor did I have the opportunity to check out any of the vendor or display booths. Next year I will make time. After we left TDS and the Truckhaven area, we took off across the desert, heading in a round about way to Borrego Springs for some Mexican Food, the little place in town has large portions of excellent food for a good price. I wish I had, checked out the booths. Next time, I will check around for you all next time and the Rock-it Man booth.

dhsundance, It is good to know people like the trip reports and pictures and that they get some use out of them. I know why the OHV's were clapping, that is impressive, for you to have driven up it. I tried on a previous trip at least a half dozen times, as well as many in or group, I always dug into the sand just below the upper dirt section. I am going to have to try that again, next time I am there.

Comment

Working...
              X