Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Condition of Holcomb Creek trail? John Bull?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Current Condition of Holcomb Creek trail? John Bull?

Hi guys, its been a while for me, but I am back in a Jeep, although it's just a WK (Grand Cherokee). It has the 5.7L HEMI and QuadraDrive II 4x4 system with electronically locking front and rear diff's, and it's riding on 33's with a 3" lift. I have HK Rock Sliders and HD front recovery points, but no other underbody armor at the moment. It's handled trails like Gold Mountain without any issue, but I've been looking to kick it up a notch and try Holcomb or John Bull. My concern is lack of underbody skids, but maybe the conditions don't require it? I am a fairly capable driver, and used to wheel a nicely built LJ Rubicon on 35's, and helped on multiple MJR adopt-a-trail runs on Holcomb, including building up the rock gardens and trimming back trees and so forth. But it's been quite a while now I and I have no idea what the current trail conditions might be.

Does anyone have any opinion on if my WK will do okay on Holcomb? What about JB? Back in 2006 or so, I was able to run a Land Rover LR3 through John Bull, but conditions change, and it would be nice to know how things sit today.

Would love to hear from y'all!

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

I like the Hemi powered Jeep. I have not been on John Bull for over a year so not sure how much it has changed. Maybe we should set up a run.
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
    X