X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• igofshn
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris_L
    Now, now Al, I was just going off what the rock gods have wispered in the past. I'll be sure to bring that up with the group next time you come down to JV {kiddding :-)}

So when are you gonna be down next? I can smell the cobbler from here!
    I'm ready.

Leave a comment:

• FRMNJJ
    replied
    my Jeep only has a 2" lift with stock size tires, locked front and rear.....and if Loop Choke is there as my guiding angel, I hope I can do it. Like I said the hardest trial I have done was JB with no problems at all. Now I just need to find early relief to come in to get off earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_L
    replied
    Now, now Al, I was just going off what the rock gods have wispered in the past. I'll be sure to bring that up with the group next time you come down to JV {kiddding :-)}

So when are you gonna be down next? I can smell the cobbler from here!

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    Do not attempt any hammer trails without front and rear hard lockers, recovery equipment and someone that knows the trails. And no dana 35 or super 35's. If you break your stuff on the trail, your looking at an extremely long day/weekend. The trails are very dug out right now from guys spinnig their 40's.
    Come on Chris. I ran Sledge with a S35. No problems.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_L
    replied
    A low pinion 30 will work, and should be hard locked {no limited slips} and you should carry spare axles and u-joints. A cherokee HP dana 30 would be 1/3rd stronger.

Leave a comment:

• flywaterguide
    replied
    Do not attempt any hammer trails without front and rear hard lockers, recovery equipment and someone that knows the trails. And no dana 35 or super 35's. If you break your stuff on the trail, your looking at an extremely long day/weekend. The trails are very dug out right now from guys spinnig their 40's.
    but a dana 30 up front would be OK? right?

FG

Leave a comment:

• Chris_L
    replied

Leave a comment:

• loop choke
    replied
    I may be up for PE. I will see and let you know.

Jason

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was thinking about meeting up at the shell off the 15 and
    sierra at 730am and leave by 800am. We might do pumpkin eater
    insted if any one might be giong that is leary of jv. Pumpkin eater is another difficult trail but is doable on 33s, FyrmanJJ how built is your rig ???
    if it is a stock rubi we should be able to get you through with spotting, and there is bypasses for most of the trail.
    oh PE is in the same general direction so if we can decide to do one or the other.

Leave a comment:

• FRMNJJ
    replied
    oh yeah any idea on the starting time. I go off duty at 7 am that day...... so please dont say that time.....

Leave a comment:

• FRMNJJ
    replied
    Thats fine, the hardest trail I have done so far with Loop Choke is John Bull, I knew the hammers was in that area and I know I cant make that................cool, Im going to call Jason and see if hes available too...thanks for the info guys

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    there are some pretty cool dunes to play on... if your into that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• GMagana
    replied
    Ant is being very deceiving when he says "Johnson Valley" The idea is to roam the general area. Not run the typical trails associated with JV. We're not running the Hammers, or anything near it. It's my understanding that there are lots of fun areas to explore around that area (at least that's what I was told when they convinced me to go). Some of the rigs going aren't even locked front or rear.

:omg:
    Last edited by GMagana; 12-16-04, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    Originally posted by FyrmanJJ
    how hard will this run be ?
    depends on the trail, but none of 'em are easy.

Leave a comment:

• Sully
    replied
    hard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X