Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Mountain, Sat 11/27/04

Or at least the end of it

Picture is on 3N16, just East of the North end of 3N69.

Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

WOW!! That's nuts! How was the trail?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

South side of GM was fine, very little snow on the trail itself. Across the top it got to about a foot - back side leading down to 3N16 had some deeper stuff. Several sections (including one 60 yard stretch) where it was two bug channels in the snow - I just tobogganed down the trail (steering? what steering?)

Had to pop into 2WD low to make one turn (Mr Lockrite in the front 44) and noticed the rear Detroit once or twice.

Started to run Jacoby Canyon out, ran into a fine specimen of why we need more chlorine in the gene pool. 2WD mini truck, no shirt, bald tires, had his kid with him - and big time stuck. Couldn't go back the way he came (about a dozen uphill snow covered stretched), and he had the one long hill on Jacoby ahead of him. One of the other rigs winched him onto the trail, I towed him out.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY

Comment

That sucks finding people like that on the trail. We've done the same a few times and the worst part is it's harder to leave them there than actually towing them out.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Believe me, in the 30+ years I've been doing this, I've been tempted to leave them be more than once

I've also seen a few vehicles stuck in spots where I cannot figure out how the hell they even got there. Saw a rig on John Bull back in the late 70's that to this day I think was air dropped.
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

Working...
          X