Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avnative
    replied
    Ok, I"ll be there, 9am at the blm station, Channel 4 on the radio, see ya in am..

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Weather will be...
    [weather]93554[/weather]

Bring a Jacket... Or two!

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Went shopping in Lancaster today and trust me the wind wasn't as bad by last chance as it was there by Rosamond. Plus while driving through redrock canyon there was rain. This will be fun!!!! No worries about a wall of water. Shouldn't be that bad. See ya in the A.M.

Leave a comment:

• avnative
    replied
    Originally posted by H8PVMT
    Yeah I saw that. I am still up for it though. Should make for an interesting run, hopefully the wind will leave us alone in the canyon, and if we got rain that would be fun. I saw some pics of water flowin' through there once. Looked sweet! Let's break some junk!!!!
    Ok, will meet you at blm station at 9, I will check board at 8 to see if any changes, Would be great to see some water in there as long as a trickle, wouldnt want to round a corner and see a wall of water :oops: :omg: :tp: , Lol lol...

Leave a comment:

• TJSUPE
    replied
    I will not be making it. Thats a little far for a Day run for me. I am not even sure if I can make it out anywhere this weekend. I am thinking that I should be responsible and do homeowork............;(

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Yeah I saw that. I am still up for it though. Should make for an interesting run, hopefully the wind will leave us alone in the canyon, and if we got rain that would be fun. I saw some pics of water flowin' through there once. Looked sweet! Let's break some junk!!!!

Leave a comment:

• avnative
    replied
    We will meet @ the BLM station @ 9am on Sunday.
    The trail is close to Jawbone, which is on the 14 North of Mojave. The trail isn't too difficult, there are bypasses for all the rough stuff. A stock jeep could make it through. But there are some areas where a built Jeep can have fun.
    Just checking to make sure you still wanna go, The weather doesnt look the greatest (may make for more fun). ridgecrest shows wind, rosamond shows possibility of snow on sunday and rain today... :confused:

Leave a comment:

• blackZZR
    replied
    I called the big bear discovery center today and talked to a ranger

Holcomb valley area is open, with 2 feet of snow on it
    they donot suggest anything less than a 4x4 goes out there and that you should go in a group of 4 or more
    so if someone has to go for help 2 vehicles can run for help

Leave a comment:

• avnative
    replied
    Originally posted by TJSUPE
    I have never been there before, Whats the level of difficulty and where is it????

Sunday, right?
    Yes sunday, 9am, It is approx 25 miles north east of mojave, just off 14 fwy which is the road toward 395 leading to mammoth

Leave a comment:

• avnative
    replied
    Originally posted by TJSUPE
    I have never been there before, Whats the level of difficulty and where is it????

Sunday, right?
    Ive done it with a stock unlocked tj, not even disconnected with no prob, Not much different now either, 2"bb with a 1" bl and running 33's, Just alot of fun canyon and alot to see out there, IF you come up the 14 to mojave i can meet you just before there if youre not sure where your going...

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    We will meet @ the BLM station @ 9am on Sunday.
    The trail is close to Jawbone, which is on the 14 North of Mojave. The trail isn't too difficult, there are bypasses for all the rough stuff. A stock jeep could make it through. But there are some areas where a built Jeep can have fun.

Leave a comment:

• TJSUPE
    replied

Sunday, right?

Leave a comment:

• avnative
    replied
    Sounds good. Once we figure the time we can post it here that way if anyone else wants to join they can.
    How about anytime meeting after 8?? Could meet at BLM station there at jawbone?? If no one else shows could make it at trailhead if you like as I know it is closer for you..

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Sounds good. Once we figure the time we can post it here that way if anyone else wants to join they can.

Leave a comment:

• avnative
    replied
    Sounds good! Give me a time to meet you at the trailhead on Sunday and I will be there. :thumbs_up
    Let me get with the guy i work with and my daughter to see what time is good, I"l shoot you a message as soon as i know, Its a for sure for me and if my daughter doesnt want to get up early enough my son will go.. The earlier the better for me..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X