• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avnative
    replied
    Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
    Hey C,
    Don't think I can make it to the San Diego runs but if you want to go local I probably could join in. Might have to work on Sat. (trying to get out of it) but Sunday is open. Miller probaby will have snow, ever gone to Rowher? Closer and good for a few hours of fun. Maybe good for a Sunday run, early in early out.

Let me know, B&T TJ

Paul tyler? Paulhead?
    I think the snow hit on the victorville side of the mountains, I was up near MT last night and was snowing like crazy, Looking toward gorman from lancaster, No white on the mountains, not even the Tehachapi's. Im up for a sunday run as I work saturday and my daughter would love to go, Shes been bugging my every time she comes home..

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    i dont mean to hijack but im curious if anyone might possibly be at pismo beach during this upcoming week. Ill be at my grandparents in Santa Maria so maybe i might be able to visit some board members if any will be around that area...

Leave a comment:

• cbremer
    replied
    Originally posted by king4wd2
    Earlier today about 1pm the Cajon Pass was moving smoothly.
    i think it's more a concern with traffic (people going to/from Las Vegas) than the weather... of course if it's raining/snowing with holiday traffic, that would be awful it once took me just over 6 hours to get from redondo beach to calico-usually takes 2-2.5. luckily we were meeting up for camping the night before going wheeling!

i think i'd prefer saturday, but i don't have anything planned for the weekend at all if sunday's the day. both days is also an option B&T, Rowher flat sounds like a good idea, and Miller is a blast if the snow isn't too heavy (i know they close it if it gets more than 6" or so)- anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    Originally posted by Ross
    Cajon pass could maybe have the same problem, this could be a problem for Calico.
    Earlier today about 1pm the Cajon Pass was moving smoothly. My husband (King4wd) drives through there to go to work at March Air Reserve and he said it was dry then, but, of course, that can change over the weekend. Just check with Caltrans website
    http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi and hopefully it's up to date.

Leave a comment:

• hurley37
    replied
    If I can get new tires I will be up for Saturday or possibly Sunday. Would prefer Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Big Bear will be crowed or closed if it continues to snow. Cajon pass could maybe have the same problem, this could be a problem for Calico. Anza and that desert area should be fine, they still have a little snow in some of the high areas but nothing that should cause any problems.

Is Sat good for people?

Leave a comment:

• Black & Tan TJ
    replied
    Originally posted by cbremer
    i'm in for someplace not terribly cold & snowy anza borrego/ocotillo wells is good, or calico, or last chance canyon, or miller Jeep trail (depending on the mods/abilities of whoever's going!)

either day... pref. Saturday to avoid traffic on the way home, but Sunday is doable too.
    Hey C,
    Don't think I can make it to the San Diego runs but if you want to go local I probably could join in. Might have to work on Sat. (trying to get out of it) but Sunday is open. Miller probaby will have snow, ever gone to Rowher? Closer and good for a few hours of fun. Maybe good for a Sunday run, early in early out.

Let me know, B&T TJ

Paul tyler? Paulhead?

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by cbremer
    i'm in for someplace not terribly cold & snowy anza borrego/ocotillo wells is good, or calico, or last chance canyon, or miller Jeep trail (depending on the mods/abilities of whoever's going!)

either day... pref. Saturday to avoid traffic on the way home, but Sunday is doable too.
    careful of the high desert, i don't think calico will be much fun right now. here's barstow:
    [weather]92312[/weather]

Leave a comment:

• cbremer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TJSUPE
    replied
    Well, I was hoping to play on some snow, But I really wouldnt mind checking out a new place. I am up for whaterever.

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Good with me, I want to wheel!!

Leave a comment:

• blackZZR
    replied
    Anza Borego?

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Between the weather and possiblity of major traffic how do people fell about the desert or any other place as an option to big bear.

Leave a comment:

• blackZZR
    replied
    lack of trail report

7 oclock met at Dennys, only 5 of 7 showed, other two wimped before it even started
    left with plans of going up the 330, 330 closed with a slide. (later in the day found out someone was killed in the slide, God rest them)
    drove to the 18, they were not letting anyone up but locals
    decided to go thru Hesparia, lost 2 more jeeps with this decision
    going thru the Cajon pass and we all decided it was kinda rough, lets just go to Wrightwood and have a snowball fight
    they had stopped plowing outside of Wrightwood so we were driving over packed snow, had a moment when 1 jeep running a sof-lock decided it did not want to ride on the crown of the road but it calmed down after it got off the ice and back in snow
    Arrived in the middle of wrightwood and drove up to the lunch place, (can't remember the name of that red bar and grill half way up the hill in their business district.
    We at lunch and had much fun watching carnage in the street for 2 hours as skiers decided that punching it would get them traction.
    left around 2 oclock and the roads were getting worse, again the sof locker did what they do on a icy patch but overall everyone slowed down and we crawled to where the plows were working.
    Called a freind in BIG BEAR, snowed in.

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepGal
    Good LUCK with John Bull, Id venture to say its impassable...snowed in!

Be Careful!

Tam
    I have done it with snow and ice here and there and it did increase the dificulty levey. I am locked front and rear and had no problems but many in the group were range/land rovers, many of them had problems. It took us over eight hours, we had about 7-10 vehicles.

The trail had some ice and snow nothing like what should be there this weekend, unless it warms up.

Lets get a count on who plans on going. Seems like Sat.
    Last edited by Ross; 11-21-04, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X