X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Originally posted by AVNATIVE
    :shout: Hey ryan, How about sunday am?? My daughters been wanting to go wheeling and i was thinking about taking her out there, Plus a guy i work with may want to go.. Let me know, Or if any of those other places near you sound good, Im up for sunday. Gotta work sat so its out

Sounds good! Give me a time to meet you at the trailhead on Sunday and I will be there. :thumbs_up

Leave a comment:

• avnative
    replied
    :shout:
    Originally posted by H8PVMT
    Anyone want to go to Last Chance Canyon this weekend let me know. I will meet you there.
    Hey ryan, How about sunday am?? My daughters been wanting to go wheeling and i was thinking about taking her out there, Plus a guy i work with may want to go.. Let me know, Or if any of those other places near you sound good, Im up for sunday. Gotta work sat so its out

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Originally posted by peteyg
    Hey Ross. It's Pete.

If we go wheeling on Friday, we were thinking about going up the backside of Big Bear Mtn. from the Yucca Valley side, wheeling up into the snow line as far as we can make it, and then heading back. It's still VERY tentative that we're even going. I probably won't know until tomorrow for sure. We're just coming off a big weekend trip to Truckhaven last weekend, so we're still a little beat up. That storm on Sunday took us all completely by suprise and everyone got swamped out. It took me a whole day to clean out my Jeep. Yuck.

I'll call you tomorrow afternoon and let you know. If I go, the only day I have available is Friday.
    I goy everything back together but its strpped. It stops fine but the caliper moves a little. Let me know about fri.

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Anyone want to go to Last Chance Canyon this weekend let me know. I will meet you there.

Leave a comment:

• Cetrov
    replied
    I will be at Truck Haven Friday morning-
    Gonna spend the day out there just cruisin around

Thursday gonna fly over the area and see what is really out there, I will take some picts from the air!

Leaving now - Later

Leave a comment:

• peteyg
    replied
    Hey Ross. It's Pete.

If we go wheeling on Friday, we were thinking about going up the backside of Big Bear Mtn. from the Yucca Valley side, wheeling up into the snow line as far as we can make it, and then heading back. It's still VERY tentative that we're even going. I probably won't know until tomorrow for sure. We're just coming off a big weekend trip to Truckhaven last weekend, so we're still a little beat up. That storm on Sunday took us all completely by suprise and everyone got swamped out. It took me a whole day to clean out my Jeep. Yuck.

I'll call you tomorrow afternoon and let you know. If I go, the only day I have available is Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    I spend a bit of time off South, 'tween Clark and Rosecrans

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yo!

On Paramount between Carson & Del Amo.

Originally posted by Old Fart
    Had to rattle your cage young man!

BTW - wherebouts in Lakewood are you?

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    Had to rattle your cage young man!

BTW - wherebouts in Lakewood are you?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Jeff!

Originally posted by Old Fart
    Not in a tank.....

(Howdy Rich!)

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    Not in a tank.....

(Howdy Rich!)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Miller is probably closed

The CDF usually closes it after the first snow and reopens it in the spring. It's too dangerous to traverse with the white stuff all over it.

Leave a comment:

• blackZZR
    replied
    Mechanic has my parts for my rear, (new gears and soflock) but not the gears and limited slip for the front, so here i sit with ARBS that empty my case of oil when activated and if I have the locker and gears changed in the rear, only rear wheel drive.
    I guess I have to sit this weekend out
    :mad: :pizza: :beer:

Leave a comment:

• avnative
    replied
    Originally posted by Ross
    Sunday traffic on the 15 is something to about. I spent 2 years at Ft Irwin (next to Calico) I have experinced that traffic. Sunday at Calico would hell on the way home, esp on a holiday weekend. I would be up for Calico on Sat. I am hoping to do a run in North San Diego County on Sunday. If anybody is interested let me know.
    I know how that traffic can be, Especially on a holiday weekend or big sports event, I use to drive truck LA or the bay to vegas every day for over two years, It can be a #$%&.. But In the summer the scenery can be great from the seat of a big truck. :censor: :camera:

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Originally posted by cbremer
    i think it's more a concern with traffic (people going to/from Las Vegas) than the weather... of course if it's raining/snowing with holiday traffic, that would be awful it once took me just over 6 hours to get from redondo beach to calico-usually takes 2-2.5. luckily we were meeting up for camping the night before going wheeling!

i think i'd prefer saturday, but i don't have anything planned for the weekend at all if sunday's the day. both days is also an option B&T, Rowher flat sounds like a good idea, and Miller is a blast if the snow isn't too heavy (i know they close it if it gets more than 6" or so)- anyone else?

Sunday traffic on the 15 is something to about. I spent 2 years at Ft Irwin (next to Calico) I have experinced that traffic. Sunday at Calico would hell on the way home, esp on a holiday weekend. I would be up for Calico on Sat. I am hoping to do a run in North San Diego County on Sunday. If anybody is interested let me know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X