Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab 2005 (May 22-28, 05)

well, it's time folks... time to start planning for this springs trip to the mecca of 4 wheelin'. Let's think MOAB!!!!

If you plan on attending, and would like to request access to the planning area, please join the usergroup from your UserCP.
    Last edited by sarah; 01-09-05, 09:38 PM.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

I wanna go. All depends on the J-O-B situation (as in if I have one).

I'll check my sway bar at the door.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

This sounds great! I can not commit to anything yet but if I come I will be bring my sway bars! Dis-connected of course
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I would like to go if I can afford it. I will not be bringing swaybars.

Jason
        The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

I'm in !!! Is that a tentative date or set? I can put in for my PTO.....uhhh what sway bars ?

Comment

I'd love to go to Moab! Never been! :mad: But.. there's a lot that could happen between now and May.. so I guess.. put me on the definate maybe list.

Keep you posted,

Flywaterguide

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Count the Missus and I in as a maybe too. We may also have a fully-functional "base of operations" in UT by then.
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

mojo err moab

Hey Brian :yay:

Count me in, usual disclaimers apply, void where prohibited. :beer:

Nice pic, you're making it look easy, must have been the spotter. :thumbs_up

Chris L. not Chris_L

RCOTAS
                "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

not sure about Chris and I yet...

But the KOA in Moab has free wireless internet

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I concur with Sarah. It's no big deal I think to show with a less built rig as a lot of trails place an emphasis on careful driving rather than just hardware. We all know how important spotting is don't we, Seapahn?

Also, there are plenty of friendly folks to meet at the City Market if a posse needs to be rounded up for a bit less demanding driving, right, Chris L?

Sounds like a great trip. Got the official go-ahead from the Missus, now just need concrete dates so we can get time off.

Tammy: there is free wireless internet EVERYWHERE. http://stumbler.net Shhh....
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Glad to see there is interest. All last years usuall suspects will be expected, newbies are always welcome but as Sarah said... make sure you and your rig are ready.

now we just have to figure out where we're gonna stay. It'd be easier for post trail gatherings if we could all decide on a (one)(1) place... I know that'll be difficult.

that's all for now...

p.s. do I have to lead this time?!?!? :confused:
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

What kind of rig is needed for the hard trails? I might actually have my axles done by then but don't count on it
                        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                          What kind of rig is needed for the hard trails? I might actually have my axles done by then but don't count on it
                          If you have to ask ... then you're probably not ready.

The KOA is a little far from town. I kind of enjoyed being offline for a few days last year !!
                          There are a couple others I'm looking at and I'll give them a call sometime soon. Last year at Slickrock I wasn't very impressed with chilly cabins and cold showers.
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                            The hardest trails are Behind the Rocks, Pritchett, Moab Rim, and the venerable Helldorados (well, Upper in this case since Lower has been closed). I say required hardware is lockers and spares. I think 35s+ are required for Helldorado. Other than that, I think 33s are ok for many trails there since you have mostly ledges and crevices vs pumpkin eating diff hangers. I don't think anyone here has done any of the above trails except for Pritchett and parts of Behind the Rocks, so we'd be in the same boat as you - as prepared as possible without knowing exactly what to expect. The hardest stuff we'll likely run toward the end of the trip so that we have more chance of being able to wheel the whole week. I think GoinCommando is showing up toward the end of the week also, and he has been there more times than (I think) most people here. If you were asking for an opinion, I say in your particular case you need to get some wheel time on some of the harder trails around here. It's as much about the driver as the rig... Dukes is on 33s but I venture a guess that he can make most any trail that the average rock head won't attempt unless on 35s...

1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                              Tammy: there is free wireless internet EVERYWHERE. http://stumbler.net Shhh....
                              i'm ready! you drive ...
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X