Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will miss Potato salad hill http://www.big-boys.com/articles/jeepflips2.html
    Last edited by scubatch; 04-06-05, 09:40 PM.
    95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

'Nother newb...

Okay, just found you guys but I've been dying to go to Moab. We missed EJS 'cause we found out about it too late, and then we lost our rig. But I would rather go with a small group outside of the big event up there because we're not too keen on hoards of people and huge events. I skipped a trip with my dirtbike buddies for next week there 'cause my wife has a fit if I vacation without her. No problem taking one or two kids out of school, we just go; they're all straight-A's anyway. So far we have a year of mild trailing under out belts so we're not totally green. Some of the hardcore stuff there may be too tough for us yet though. Does John Bull trail count????

I have a lot of building to do on the new rig if I'm going to make it. So I'll lookup the other user group or whatever for this thing in case it looks like I'll have enough built on the heep to make it.

We flat tow with a 32' motorhome, so we would want either a lot or campground close to wherever the group ends up. No hotels for us. If we are the only one RV'ing/camping it then we'll wait for the next group going.

I was hoping to make Calico so we could meet a few of you before hand, but wifey is PTA pres and she has a convention that weekend. Maybe I'll bring my boy and come out for the day anyway.

I thought I would chime in in case it all comes together afterall. I have parts coming from everywhere; I've got a D44 with ARB, Currie lift, tires and wheels, bumper, BL, MML, and drive shaft to put in. May be hard pressed to get everything done in time. But I'll be lifted and locked on 35's, and an 8274 w/synth if I get stuck.

The event is the week following labor day, no? My birthday is the 26th. No, don't ask how old - getting too old for dirtbikes! Although I put a couple hundred miles on this weekend doing 70+ accross the desert.

I'll keep an eye on the thread.....

Comment

hey CJdb, looking forward to meeting you! Good luck getting your rig together.
        Sarah
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Moab; my build-up progress so I can go

Thinking of Moab. Just an update on my progress here.....

Well, I've got a lot of parts in, a lot more coming. Lots of Currie stuff here, HD tie rod system, 4" lift with all the arms, steeringbox brace, shock shifters, Anti-Rock, steering damper.

Installed Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers today, Kilby tank skid tomorrow. My used 8274 should get dropped off tomorrow. Have 100' of Amsteel for it and a Hansen bumper and mount.

On order, due next week: D44 with ARB, SYE and DS, BL/MML combo, 35" MTR's on Eagle Alloys, ARB compressor, extended brakelines, All-J custom bumper with carrier and safari rack. CO2 tank and mount are here, will mount to new rack. I'll pickup a CB and put the antenna on that rack too. Still need a hi-lift and some driving lights.

I'm planning a work party first or second week of May. Gonna try to install everything over a weekend, or into the next week.

If all goes well I may be up for the trek to Moab. Family is upbeat, but there's a lot of work to do on the jeep. If we can't make Moab, we'll probably try the H-D Roudup.

How many are signed up at this time? I'm planning to come out to Calico this weekend to meet some of you. Not sure if we'll campout Sat night or come just for the day. Maybe we should just tow the jeep out with the MH and make a weekend out of it. Wifey is at a conference all weekend so I'll bring my 10yr old son Nicholas. I'm not sure about Doran and Odessa with stock springs and little tires yet. Guess we can watch the entrance and then take the road up to the top to watch the finish.

Laters....

Comment

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
            How many are signed up at this time? I'm planning to come out to Calico this weekend to meet some of you. Not sure if we'll campout Sat night or come just for the day. Maybe we should just tow the jeep out with the MH and make a weekend out of it. Wifey is at a conference all weekend so I'll bring my 10yr old son Nicholas. I'm not sure about Doran and Odessa with stock springs and little tires yet. Guess we can watch the entrance and then take the road up to the top to watch the finish.
            ABSOLUTELY!

Well have a good family oriented group out there! There should be room to ride along with someone...I think there'll be some open seats The Ghost Walk looks like its going to be a blast.

Tam
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

So, uh....do I gotta read the whole thread to figure out who is going, and when? It looks like I will have the 27th - 30th off (Fri - Mon)......still deciding what to do....go to Moab, or spend a few days kayaking/hiking/fishing/drinking margarita's/etc.

Anyone gonna be there wheeling the last weekend? If so, what trails are you looking at (or are you just gonna wing it)?
              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Still crunching the $$, but if we make it we'll be there till monday.

Comment

Hi guys, its been a while, Robin and I have been on the road all this month hitting about 8 national parks, a quick side trip to Moab and a bunch of other stuff. We are in Buena Vista Co for the summer but MIGHT be able to make it to Moab for a couple of days during the week.

Is there any schedule of what trails are being done when or is it all still up in the air?

Steve
                  35" MTRs, Ox Lockers, bellyup, cage, stuff + things... blah, blah, blah . <><

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                    So, uh....do I gotta read the whole thread to figure out who is going, and when? It looks like I will have the 27th - 30th off (Fri - Mon)......still deciding what to do....go to Moab, or spend a few days kayaking/hiking/fishing/drinking margarita's/etc.
                    I'm there wheeling on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th ... leaving on that thursday (26th).
                    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

well, I guess I gotta post this eventually. I was holding off, hoping things would change but it doesn't look like they will.

I close escrow on my place May 24th. It looks like I'll have to back out of this trip. sorry folks.

Have a great time. if things change I'll let you know.

Brian.
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                        well, I guess I gotta post this eventually. I was holding off, hoping things would change but it doesn't look like they will.

I close escrow on my place May 24th. It looks like I'll have to back out of this trip. sorry folks.

Brian.
                        Escrow...ah what fun...signing hundreds of pages of documents establishing your indebtedness for the next 30 years...all while sitting in a dark windowless room in front of a humorless (maybe pulseless) escrow officer...

Too bad you can't do it on the patio at the Moab Brewery while knocking back a beer. ?FedEx?
                        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

yeah, what he ^^^ said!
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

enter title here

Originally posted by blkTJ
                            It looks like I'll have to back out of this trip. sorry folks.

Brian.
                            You assmunch :poop:

1. How do I know you're not just tricking me into saying that I will miss you?

2. Who is gonna' help me chase birds at the pool?

3. How can we take a wrong turn without BPS?

"your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I think all you need for escrow is a notary.

Do the walkthrough before you leave or entrust someone to do it for you. I doubt the sellers are going to pour Quick-Crete in the toilets before they split.

Have your buyer's agent hold the keys til you get back.

Alternatively, close escrow EARLY if your bank funding and inspections are all in order. Deb and I were twiddling our thumbs for a week before we closed.

Don't miss this trip, Brian. You WILL be kicking yourself in the ass, if you do.
                              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

my baad

...You know Brian, on second thoughts you had better stay home.

Once you close there's all kinds of important things to do right away: like selecting window coverings, getting to know the neighbors and cleaning the toilets.

I am sorry for trying to pressure you into attending MJR Moab 2005, it was quite wrong of me.

oops how did that happen :yay: :yay: :yay:
                                "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X