Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blkTJ
    just for the record, i don't have any problem with people bringing their children. what I will say, as the most likely trail leader for most of the trip, is that I can't be responsible for their saftey. the attached picture is of the same trail/obsticle in the first post, just from the oposite direction. I think it speaks for itself. (photo courtesy of stu olsen)(sorry about the size)
    That is the PERFECT environment for my son!!!!! He is my "co-pilot" on all of my 4x4 adventures. He's been with me from Ocotillo Wells to Death Valley, I think that he can hang.
    Last edited by sarah; 02-21-05, 02:50 PM. Reason: removed monstrous hotlink
    4:1 ratio racing

Comment

Originally posted by aston
      Hey Brian,

Being a complete wuss, I would like to stay in a hotel :yay:

Chris L.
      I second that motion. I'm a complete wuss also and want to stay in a hotel.
      4:1 ratio racing

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW
        I second that motion. I'm a complete wuss also and want to stay in a hotel.
        fyi, hotels are running $80+ a night. that can be an expensive trip, once you factor in gas money. :2: it's not like we're going to the bahamas!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

feel free to stay where ever you like.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Hey Guys, we usually go to Moab Memorial weekend too....we usually stay at the Sleep Inn, around $115 per night last year. we also had some in our group with campers who stayed in the empty lot next door to the sleep inn and we had a raging campfire, i am also surprised nobody bothered us, but that is Moab I guess. It is a great place because it suits everyone, someone even slept in tents in the lot, i preferred the hotel, and yes, they allow animals. we crate ours and leave him in during the day when we don't take him.
            If you have any questions let me know, you can PM us.
            We are only an hour from Moab and i recognize most of the trails in those pictures, rocker knocker is booger...moab rim has the best pictures though. looks like you can drive off of the Earth.
            Thanks for the great website, i am a newbie!!

Comment

Gidrdun says Cliffhanger is PLOWED OVER. You can take a pickup truck down it

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                Gidrdun says Cliffhanger is PLOWED OVER. You can take a pickup truck down it
                that's really bad news. I enjoyed that trail.
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Hey, didnt get a chance to read all of the posts.. but i was just wondering if this is something a beginner should skip? or if there are other things to do out there? love to come meet up with you all, just dont know if i could keep up
                  [COLOR=Blue]Perfection[/COLOR], [COLOR=SlateGray]The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.[/COLOR]

Comment

Matt...theres something for every level out there. That said, I dont think there are any stock Jeeps going this year. I was going, but work got in the way. And even if I did go, even my Jeep wouldnt be able to keep up with the trails they wanted to run this year.

That doesnt mean you cant go and ride along though

Tam
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

If your stock your welcome to come and ride shotgun.
                      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

yeah, that sounds great. i think i will wait for the next time though. i go back to work form disability on april 5, so after 4 month of being out i dont think i should ask for time off
                        [COLOR=Blue]Perfection[/COLOR], [COLOR=SlateGray]The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.[/COLOR]

Comment

For anyone visiting Moab this year, please READ THIS THREAD!

Comment

Hi Everyone, figures you'll see me rear my ugly mug for a Moab trip. So Brian, I still have a stock Jeep, no mods, do I need to ride shotgun also? J/K I am crunching the dates to see if I can make it for a long weekend. With Monday being Memorial Day, anybody wheeling on Sun and leaving on Mon? Missed last year, and really NEED to get to Moab. BTW, if we can make it, we will have a 15 year old learning to drive (Keep your distance!) and our newborn.

Comment

It'll be good to wheel with ya again Dave.

I think there will be some folks wheelin' sunday.
                              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

As for the list of businesses to avoid, I noiced that the Maverick gas station isn't listed. Thats probably because they have a JEEP on their frequent buyer card. Anybody that gets gas in Moab should go there and get the card, its worth a few cents per gallon discount and is free. Beware the morning coffee though, more octane than the gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X