Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few "Newbie" (Stupid) questions

Since this is in May, this isn't the Easter Jeep Safari. So, is this an event that we're going to or just a MJR Moad trip?

Where are people staying? Camping or staying in a hotel/motel?

Are people caravaning out there from So. Cal or just showing up?

For me/us - My kid will be in school. I'm thinking about heading out first part of the week, then flying her in on thursday, wheeling with her a bit, then heading home Saturday. I'd expect it'd take us two days to get home.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Jeff
    Last edited by flywaterguide; 12-16-04, 10:11 AM.

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
      Perhaps we could change the name of the thread to reflect the dates of the trip?
      Youre wish is my command

Originally posted by flywaterguide
      Since this is in May, this isn't the Easter Jeep Safari. So, is this an event that we're going to or just a MJR Moad trip?
      MJR Road Trip...with a couple folks from other forums I suppose, sprinkled in.

Where are people staying? Camping or staying in a hotel/motel?
      Still in the works...Im sure itll all be worked out soon

Are people caravaning out there from So. Cal or just showing up?
      Both.

For me/us - My kid will be in school. I'm thinking about heading out first part of the week, then flying her in on thursday, wheeling with her a bit, then heading home Saturday. I'd expect it'd take us two days to get home.
      Im not sure its a kid friendly trip anyway, depending greatly on the age of the kid. Alot of very big cliffs, pretty dangerous if you cant keep a handle on your little ones. Mine are staying home and in school too. Maybe someone knows if you can be shuttled in and out of Moab Airport...I know a few girls we met last year flew there, but I dont know the details...

sounds like fun!

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

For me/us - My kid will be in school. I'm thinking about heading out first part of the week, then flying her in on thursday, wheeling with her a bit, then heading home Saturday.
        Jeff
        How old is she? Tito took his son out of high school for a week and a half and had all of the homework assignments that needed to be completed.

It's a fun trip for high school aged kids, especially when they get a bit of wheel time.
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
          How old is she? Tito took his son out of high school for a week and a half and had all of the homework assignments that needed to be completed.

It's a fun trip for high school aged kids, especially when they get a bit of wheel time.
          She'll be 12 by then. I can't take her out of school, since I took her out of school in October for a trip. There's no way her mother would let me have her that long. :mad:

Don' worry about her on the trail. All the wheeling we've since having the jeep, she's been there every time.

Best & thanks!

Jeff

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

It sounds like you have the Wells book (Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-wheel drive trails, by Charles A Wells). I don't care for that book nearly as much as the other popular guide: "4wd Adventures: Utah" by Peter Massey and Jeanne Wilson. But that guide book suffers from one of the same problems as the Wells book....neither one of them is geared towards the kinds of trails we do in our jeeps. They are aimed at stock SUV's, and thus generally don't cover the more difficult trails.

I might be able to make it....not sure yet. If I do, I'll probably just camp somewhere, with one or two nights of hotelling it (providing I can get the room that they allow dogs into....I believe there is only one room in the town that does....)
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              Don't be so hard on yourself, you're at least as cool as Aston.
              Brain, On your Bike!

Aston
              "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by aston
                Brain, On your Bike!

Aston
                huh??? :confused: I really like the current avatar by the way.
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Sure will miss some of the sight's this year.
                  Last edited by scubatch; 12-24-04, 12:41 AM.
                  95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

Some of the Sights I Won't Miss From Last Year

Chris making a new shock mount with washers and a battery welder

Chris fixing Jeff's auto tranny shifter cable with duct tape and bailing wire...literally

Jeff trying to convince Chris that his t-case REALLY is in 4WD
                    too bad the rear wheels weren't turning to prove it...

Looking at Seapahn grinning sideways

[color=red]Can't wait for what this next trip will bring![/color]
                    Last edited by jmbrowning; 12-27-04, 01:07 AM. Reason: troubleshooting broken image links
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

well, it's 2005. those of us who need a place to stay should really find/decide on a place to stay.
                      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                        well, it's 2005. those of us who need a place to stay should really find/decide on a place to stay.
                        oops
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I would like to join ya'll. Is there a concensus on what hotel/motel everybody will be staying at? I'll be "flat-towing" my Jeep out to Moab so I don't need alot of room to park, just an extra space.
                          I was thinking about bringing my 7 year old son with me. How many people on the board are bringing their little ones?
                          4:1 ratio racing

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW
                            I was thinking about bringing my 7 year old son with me. How many people on the board are bringing their little ones?
                            just for the record, i don't have any problem with people bringing their children. what I will say, as the most likely trail leader for most of the trip, is that I can't be responsible for their saftey. the attached picture is of the same trail/obsticle in the first post, just from the oposite direction. I think it speaks for itself. (photo courtesy of stu olsen)(sorry about the size)

myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Hey Brian...I really need internet access for my work. Do you think you guys can squeeze that into the request? Hopefully we'll have a nice motorhome by then

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Hey Brian,

Being a complete wuss, I would like to stay in a hotel :yay:

Tam,

How would you rate the hotel you stayed in last year?

If I stay there we can cook out in the parking lot and hang in the HT.

I am amazed they didn't get all pissy about it - maybe they deserve repeat biz.

Chris L.
                                Last edited by sarah; 01-09-05, 09:50 PM. Reason: deleted brian's quote
                                "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X