Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, but we plan on attending the Hi Desert Round Up it's closer to home and plus my family will be watching the baby. So Moab is too far and too long for family to watch Tara. You guys always pick the wrong weekend for this don't forget to take your mountain bikes for the Slickrock Trail!! You guys have fun and maybe next time (2006) we'll go to Moab. Then again there's the Rubicon!
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Where's everyone planning on staying in Moab this year?

The Wife and I stayed at River Canyon Lodge. We were somewhat hoodwinked by the "architectural rendering" of the hotel. It is a pretty austere motel. The rooms were kinda tiny but they were clean and had a microwave/refrigerator as advertised.

Probably won't be staying there this year. Private bathroom, safe parking, and refrigerator are mandatory. Proximity to City Market and microwave oven are plusses. We are thinking about the Bighorn Lodge. They have parking for trailers in case anyone is planning on towing her rig.

Any other suggestions?
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
        I'm lookin' at May 22nd(sunday) thru the 28th(saturday) for wheelin'. travel to moab Friday and Saturday the 20th and 21st. Head for home Saturday night the 28th or Sunday the 29th.
        You know what those dates mean? Liscense!

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
          Where's everyone planning on staying in Moab this year?

The Wife and I stayed at River Canyon Lodge. We were somewhat hoodwinked by the "architectural rendering" of the hotel. It is a pretty austere motel. The rooms were kinda tiny but they were clean and had a microwave/refrigerator as advertised.

Probably won't be staying there this year. Private bathroom, safe parking, and refrigerator are mandatory. Proximity to City Market and microwave oven are plusses. We are thinking about the Bighorn Lodge. They have parking for trailers in case anyone is planning on towing her rig.

Any other suggestions?
          I'm up for anything as long as the price is resonable. I didn't even think the showers were cold at the campsite last year.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

The Bighorn Lodge is good, we stayed there the first year we went. Rooms are decent, but it is a hotel so be prepared to spend ~$100 per night. We are looking at places still, most likely a campground/cabins close to/in town. I think there are two candidates we thought were good, but I can't remember the names right now. Sarah and I will look at it and see if anyone else has any recommendations.

Only Sarah's shower was cold... She didn't see me out back of the building turning off the hot water when she went in there, did she???

:shades:
            1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
              Only Sarah's shower was cold... She didn't see me out back of the building turning off the hot water when she went in there, did she???

:shades:
              Was it cold Sarah? There's always paybacks!!
              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I wont be able to make it this year :mad: I'll be going back east for that week.I found this site that mite give you some idea's for things to do.http://greenjeep.proboards38.com/index.cgi
                95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by scubatch
                  I wont be able to make it this year :mad: I'll be going back east for that week.I found this site that mite give you some idea's for things to do.http://greenjeep.proboards38.com/index.cgi
                  you will be missed. thanks for the link.
                  myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I think I really want to try to make it to this. I guess I gotta read the whole thread.. or can someone give me a real quick overview?

Thanks!

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Be in Moab, UT, anytime from May 22nd-28th ... bring your jeep for some awesome wheeling by day and some kick ass "camp fire" time in the evenings with a bunch of mostly really cool people ... I say "mostly" because there's a good chance I'll be going to this trip as well

Some of the trails will not be stocker friendly though so you may want to read up on trails in Moab if you're not familiar with them ... and look at past trail reports (like from last year's trip) to get an idea of exactly what to expect. I'd say 33's and at least one locker on a TJ would get you through almost everything. Rocker, skid, and body protection go without saying.
                      Last edited by seapahn; 12-15-04, 10:21 PM.
                      03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                      "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Ahhh Seaphan you're too nice, I was gonna make him read the whole thread.

Originally posted by seapahn
                        with a bunch of mostly really cool people ... I say "mostly" because there's a good chance I'll be going to this trip as well
                        Don't be so hard on yourself, you're at least as cool as Aston.
                        Last edited by sarah; 12-16-04, 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling
                        myJeeprocks.com

Comment

are there any airports around Moab?

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                            Don't be so hard on yourself, your at least as cool as Aston.
                            Uh.....you guys weren't around in '02 when we were all sitting around the campfire, listening to some CD's playing on Seamonkeys stereo....when, out of the blue, this horrible, pre-pubescent wailing came through the speakers...it was terrible, it was horrible, it was totally uncalled for....it was....

wait for it......

[COLOR=Red] HANSEN!!!
                            [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Wheat]sorry seabass....had to let your little secret out.[/COLOR]
                            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by flywaterguide
                              I think I really want to try to make it to this. I guess I gotta read the whole thread.. or can someone give me a real quick overview?

Thanks!
                              Perhaps we could change the name of the thread to reflect the dates of the trip?
                              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Be in Moab, UT, anytime from May 22nd-28th ... bring your jeep for some awesome wheeling by day and some kick ass "camp fire" time in the evenings with a bunch of mostly really cool people ... I say "mostly" because there's a good chance I'll be going to this trip as well

I'm ready for a little campfire bonding... and drama!

Some of the trails will not be stocker friendly though so you may want to read up on trails in Moab if you're not familiar with them ... and look at past trail reports (like from last year's trip) to get an idea of exactly what to expect. I'd say 33's and at least one locker on a TJ would get you through almost everything. Rocker, skid, and body protection go without saying.
                                My heep is "nearly" stock, but if it gets totally stuck I'll try to arrange for an air lift E-VAC if need be. I have a book on Moab trails, the same guy that wrote books on Northern California and Southern California trails... forget his name, so I'll give that a quick glance as I'm driving out. His So Cal trail book sucks... the rangers at Ocotillo Wells saw me trying to navigate with it... They told me.. "First thing you need to do is throw that out!"... good advice.

These are his books... "Guide To Northern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails: Easy, Moderate, Difficult Backcountry Driving Adventures"... then the "Guide to So. Cal." and Moab books.
                                Last edited by flywaterguide; 12-16-04, 10:08 AM.

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Working...
                                X