Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeway Ridge/Black Gulch Trails

Well when I was doing my freeway run to test out the new fuel pump I stumbled upon a couple trails called the Freeway Ridge Trail, and the Black Gulch Trail. They're off of the 178 by Lake Isabella. Had lots of fun on this one, even had her on two wheels a few times.... maybe I should've disconnected. Amanda kept telling me to "Please put the wheels back on the ground". I'll break her in yet! :wink:
    Lots of climbing and washouts on this one. The views are amazing and cause of the elevation and the massive amount of trees the temp was only about 85-90 degress. Anyways here's the gps of the start, which is right off the freeway, and here's a map.

(Start point off CA 178)
    LAT N 35 34.932'
    LON W 118 33.257

Start of the trail... CLOSE the gate!

First climb

Narrow path... Don't look down!

My Favorite part. That's the Kern River in the background.

Fun!

Part of Black Gulch Trail

Look Mom! I'm still connected!
    Last edited by H8PVMT; 07-20-04, 11:54 AM.
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

looks cool. Always nice to see someone enjoying a Jeep the way it was meant. :yay:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

So you ran it alone huh? How far is that from W.L.A.?
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Yeah ran it alone, saw it and had to go. Spur of the moment. Not sure how far it is from LA but it's east of Bakersfield if that helps. About an hours drive east of Bakersfield.
        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
          Yeah ran it alone, saw it and had to go. Spur of the moment. Not sure how far it is from LA but it's east of Bakersfield if that helps. About an hours drive east of Bakersfield.
          Looks like a great run, Ryan, how about planning a run on that trail?? I think alot of people would really like it since would be cooler.
          You think I could do it with th 31"s on my jeep?? Wife has sead no prob spending the money on my gears and lift but I have to sell my 42 project first, so it might be awhile before that gets done..
          04TJ, 4.0 5spd
          4" rough country springs
          Nth degree arms upper and lower
          1" Currie MML/BL
          Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
          33"BFG MT's
          Lock-rite in the front

Comment

That's not a bad idea to get a run going up there. There is one section though that I am not sure of being it was my first time there. You might be able to get through it with 31's, other than that I wouldn't see any problems. We could always winch ya up that one spot.
            [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Im all for a good sunday run!! I guess I'll have to bring extra water and soda to pay for the winching, LOL LOL.. Im up for it, If my son doesnt go, Ive got a friend that been bugging me to go, so that would be a good one....

Let me know if gonna do it..
              04TJ, 4.0 5spd
              4" rough country springs
              1" Currie MML/BL
              33"BFG MT's
              Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by New one
                Im all for a good sunday run!! I guess I'll have to bring extra water and soda to pay for the winching, LOL LOL.. Im up for it, If my son doesnt go, Ive got a friend that been bugging me to go, so that would be a good one....

Let me know if gonna do it..

Well ED, I will put a post in the trail runs section for Sunday, if I don't have duty this weekend. :thumbs_up And if we don't have someone with a winch on the run I am sure we can get you up it with some spotting.
                [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by avnative
                  Looks like a great run, Ryan, how about planning a run on that trail?? I think alot of people would really like it since would be cooler.
                  You think I could do it with th 31"s on my jeep?? Wife has sead no prob spending the money on my gears and lift but I have to sell my 42 project first, so it might be awhile before that gets done..

31's? oh yeah!!! just as long as you have great spotters and people that willing to get out and move some rocks around for you. lockers will help alot too.
                  we went on saturday 8/20/05 and had a blast. see for your self.

http://community.webshots.com/user/califsaintsfan

we plan on going again to check out the other trails that join the freeway ridge trail.

had a blast, thanks Chad, Brandon, & Matt
                  Larry
                  2007 2dr rubicon, teraflex 2 1/2" coil kit, procomp 97's w/ procomp 35" mud terrains, xenon flares, riddler diff covers, evo rock stars.

Comment

it was a great day cant wait for next run. back at you Larry for the good time and great laughs
                    Chad.

Comment

Looks cool.

That is just south of me. I am in Lemoore.

I have camped up near Lake Isabella before. Nice area, and lots of trails.

It would be fun to do a group run in that area.

Navy-Jeepster
                      Gold-Digger
                      Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                      Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by califsaintsfan
                        31's? oh yeah!!! just as long as you have great spotters and people that willing to get out and move some rocks around for you. lockers will help alot too.
                        we went on saturday 8/20/05 and had a blast. see for your self.

http://community.webshots.com/user/califsaintsfan

we plan on going again to check out the other trails that join the freeway ridge trail.

had a blast, thanks Chad, Brandon, & Matt
                        Larry
                        How about sept 3 or 4?? Ive no longer have the 31's, and have changed gears and added a locker, This trail is not far from me and i might be up a lake isabella that weekend with a friend that is dying to go on a run with me...
                        04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                        4" rough country springs
                        1" Currie MML/BL
                        33"BFG MT's
                        Lock-rite in the front

Comment

sounds good

Originally posted by avnative
                          How about sept 3 or 4?? Ive no longer have the 31's, and have changed gears and added a locker, This trail is not far from me and i might be up a lake isabella that weekend with a friend that is dying to go on a run with me...
                          I have to check to see if i have reserve weekend first, I'll call my brother later today to see if he wants to go.

Comment

Working...
                          X