Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicideking-I think I saw your group somewhere on that trail, I was in a group of three xj's and my yj. Holcomb is surely fun trail, thanks to all those who did the hard work. I promise no rock stacking was done here by us.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
      Does that truck in the video not have low range?
      Originally posted by suicideking View Post
      Not sure, he's a friend of a friend.
      [COLOR="darkred"]I wondered that too. He seems to love ramming into the rock garden full bore. I'm not judging; just thinking of someone's signature on MJR that says, "God forgives...Rocks don't." If his rig can take it I guess... [/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
        [COLOR="darkred"]I wondered that too. He seems to love ramming into the rock garden full bore. I'm not judging; just thinking of someone's signature on MJR that says, "God forgives...Rocks don't." If his rig can take it I guess... [/COLOR]
        Yeah, he has a lead foot like you wouldn't believe. That thing is super noisy with springs creaking and other rattles. I think he was rushing through thinking we would make it to John Bull next...

Comment

Originally posted by minisaba View Post
          Suicideking-I think I saw your group somewhere on that trail, I was in a group of three xj's and my yj. Holcomb is surely fun trail, thanks to all those who did the hard work. I promise no rock stacking was done here by us.
          Were you guys headed the opposite way? I think I remember your group. It was a great day! Not too busy. We made it through there in just under 2 hours.

Comment

Yeah, he has a lead foot like you wouldn't believe. That thing is super noisy with springs creaking and other rattles. I think he was rushing through thinking we would make it to John Bull next...
            Sure you heard the JB stories back at camp.... we were backed up several times with breakages, people stuck (not ours) and other trail tribulations.

Anyway, interested in the rock garden on the what I think is the west end of the trail. How as the MJR "enhancement"? Any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by DaK View Post
              Sure you heard the JB stories back at camp.... we were backed up several times with breakages, people stuck (not ours) and other trail tribulations.
              [COLOR="darkred"]When I saw Lorie that morning by the FSFS, I let her know that the WayWeGoes club was doing trail maintenence on JB Saturday. Please don't say it was Trail Whales (Hummers) on JB backing things up again. [/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                [COLOR="darkred"]When I saw Lorie that morning by the FSFS, I let her know that the WayWeGoes club was doing trail maintenence on JB Saturday. Please don't say it was Trail Whales (Hummers) on JB backing things up again. [/COLOR]
                Nope, no Hummer activity. Had one guy get hung up and front DS came disconnected at the gate keeper, then we had one guy at the next hard obstacle have some issues getting over the first set of rocks. We won't mention the almost tip over we had because the loose nut behind that wheel was hearing the directions but wasn't listening(that was me). Then when we were almost done and at the last rock pile a Jeep was pretty stuck (not oneof ours), Pluke had to strap him to get him out. Okay that sounds bad but... you know what I mean. Think JB took us 4.5 hrs to complete with 9 rigs.

Comment

Were you guys headed the opposite way? I think I remember your group. It was a great day! Not too busy. We made it through there in just under 2 hours.
                  Yeah, we were running it the opposite way. We also made that in under two hours, on the other hand, we were stuck in john bull waiting for a group with a bronco that needed a tug. It was definetly a great day to be out there.

Comment

Nope, no Hummer activity. Had one guy get hung up and front DS came disconnected at the gate keeper, then we had one guy at the next hard obstacle have some issues getting over the first set of rocks. We won't mention the almost tip over we had because the loose nut behind that wheel was hearing the directions but wasn't listening(that was me). Then when we were almost done and at the last rock pile a Jeep was pretty stuck (not oneof ours), Pluke had to strap him to get him out. Okay that sounds bad but... you know what I mean. Think JB took us 4.5 hrs to complete with 9 rigs.
                    I was the one who was stuck, my poor choice of line got me high center on my t-case andrear diff. Thanks for the pull. By the way, the rest of john bull is easy compared to that gate keeper.
                    Last edited by minisaba; 07-31-12, 06:18 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Anyway, interested in the rock garden on the what I think is the west end of the trail. How as the MJR "enhancement"? Any pics?
                      Unfortunately, didn't get any pics. I was focused on trying to get video. Didn't even get any of that last rock garden. I was 2nd or 3rd through there and by the time I got out and tried to get some video, everyone had gone through.

Yeah, I heard about JB. Seems like people are always breaking stuff on that one. Probably the reason I'm going to hold off on running it until I get some more experience. Or at least have some money to fix stuff I break!

Comment

Hey next time u guys need some help with trail repair ...please don't hesitate to ask...I'd love to do my part anyway I can ...
                        SteveO ..
                        WOKNROX!
                        Let's go wheelin!

Comment

Working...
                        X