Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopt-a-Trail work report / 3N93 Holcomb Creek, July 14, 2012

[COLOR="darkred"]Work performed: Harden the west entrance gate keeper & bring 3N93 back off of 3N16 again.

Participants:
    Nick - USMC 0369
    Barb - Jeep Doll
    Chuck - Dirtman13
    Alicia - Mrs. Dirtman13
    Roger - Roger
    Russ - Russ Chung
    Ryan - Hook&Ladder

AAT Hours: [Ryan has total hrs.]

Narrative: On Saturday, several of us met up at Blondies near Running Springs to go out and work on 3N93's west end gatekeeper. We had gotten many reports of the gatekeeper being too easy to negotiate. **It is our function as the group that adopted the trail to upkeep the gatekeepers in order to deter any rigs not capable of negotiating the entire trail from entering and getting damaged or stuck in the middle of the trail.**

We selected several large pebbles to move into what had become a dirt bypass along the right side of the rock garden. We were essentially forcing the traffic to use the rock garden to enter into the trail.

Work was hampered significantly with an abundance of off roaders using the trail on Saturday. I don't believe that anyone who entered into the trail from the west end can report the gatekeeper is too easy anymore [shut up Chuck]. In fact, at one point we had to start considering if we had made it too hard for a rig with 31's and (1) locker. So before we knocked off for the day we decided to add (4) "one last rocks". Giving rigs a slight "step up" into the gatekeeper.

Also, the trail was cut back off of 3N16 and the rocks that were dragged onto 3N16 put back onto 3N93 again. It was noted that there were efforts by people to dam up Holcomb Creek at the 3N16 crossing, using rocks. Although 3N16 is not our responsibility we may need to assist the club that owns 3N16 in keeping this waterway clear.

We did not travel the full length of the trail on Saturday.

Pics or it didn't happen:

It's the little ones that count...

Sometimes it takes a little more than talking nicely.

3N93 being cut back off of 3N16

Roger's just GOTTA play around...

Just one more...after this one more...

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Performing trail maintenance & making repairs is so rewarding. I really like getting out there and working with the gang... Great camaraderie! Thanks Nick for being the Jefe on this one!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Maybe it's folks coming the other way that are doing all the rock stacking? they enter through the far side and don't get to that challenging gate keeper until the end of the trail? Maybe the gate keeper on the other side needs to be beefed up?
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck
        Maybe it's folks coming the other way that are doing all the rock stacking? they enter through the far side and don't get to that challenging gate keeper until the end of the trail? [COLOR="red"]Maybe the gate keeper on the other side needs to be beefed up[/COLOR]?
        [COLOR="darkred"]I can't confirm any of that... but I like the way you think!![/COLOR]

Comment

I have a bucket of chain to donate to the trail building cause. All I need is a reminder, or someone to come and pick it up in Lakewood.
          Perfect, very heavy duty NEW welded chain for the heavy rock moving.

My jeep is down, so picking it up would be best. Takers?

(Offer only good for Adopt a trail use. Not for resale or personal use)
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Erik,

If your still coming to the LBC I can take it.

edit: Or we can hook up at golf.
            Check out .

Comment

Great Chuck. We'll get together and get this in your hands. Golf sounds good. My back has a bit of a pinch in it at the moment, but I really need to get out there and swing the clubs. I have to get down to the LB City hall in the next couple of days so I can come and see you at that time.

E
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Finally had time to add up hours for our day's work

Nick - 12
                Barb - 12
                Roger - 11
                Russ - 12
                Chuck - 12
                Alycia - 12
                Ryan - 12

Total = 83

Comment

Thanks for your efforts. We will be up this weekend to "view" and "appreciate" your handy work. If I remember to get pics, they will be posted.

Comment

Thanks Dak. It would be nice to see how the west rock garden is holding up.
                    Check out .

Comment

A BIG THANKS to your crew! Holcomb is my favorite trail!

I really like what you did with the last rock garden! I did the trail in March, and it's much more fun now.

Here's a video I made. I'm in the black JKU with no front doors.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by suicideking View Post
                          A BIG THANKS to your crew! Holcomb is my favorite trail!

I really like what you did with the last rock garden! I did the trail in March, and it's much more fun now.

Here's a video I made. I'm in the black JKU with no front doors.
                          [COLOR="darkred"]Ya know, if you're interested, you can always come out and help us do some maintenence. I've been told that the East Gatekeeper is in need of some 'sprucing up'. You can come out as my guest and see if it's something you'd like to join in on a more regular basis. [/COLOR]

Comment

Does that truck in the video not have low range?
                            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                              [COLOR="darkred"]Ya know, if you're interested, you can always come out and help us do some maintenence. I've been told that the East Gatekeeper is in need of some 'sprucing up'. You can come out as my guest and see if it's something you'd like to join in on a more regular basis. [/COLOR]
                              I'll send you a PM, I'm interested in helping out if I can. As long as we get to run the trail after...

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                              Does that truck in the video not have low range?
                              Not sure, he's a friend of a friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X