Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Snow Run?

I can't beleive no one has posted up a snow run. With a foot + forcast for BB there has to be someone going to play in the snow. But not me
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Originally posted by RAT View Post
    I can't beleive no one has posted up a snow run. With a foot + forcast for BB there has to be someone going to play in the snow. But not me
    I'll be doing a snow run...just going to the store and back.

Comment

Beach girl doesn't do snow
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Going up with the gadzuks club on sunday morning doing gold mountain. Shants Hye Krawlers club I believe are doing jacoby canyon which is gadzuks adopt a trail. .

Comment

Up to 2-3 foot snow expected this weekend it should be fun. Picked up some new chains off craiglist for $20 just need to get the rubber retainer straps at 4wp. Ill try to take lots of pics.

Comment

It didn't start snowing up here in Big Bear until about noon, but it's dumping right now. I don't know how much snow we'll get, but it looks like a bunch.

Comment

My uncle who lives in Big Bear has a weather station and webcam. It looked dry still until a little while ago, and it has dumped and looks to still be accumulating. The rain here stopped about an hour ago, so it probably won't last too long, unless there's another wave on it's way.
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

thanks for the reports

Comment

As of about 9:30PM we've gotten about 8 inches of snow at my house in Moonridge. I'm at 7,400 ft. And it still snowing pretty hard. Could be a pretty good snow day tomorrow.

Comment

It's about 6:00PM Sunday and it's still snowing. So far there's at least 2 feet at my house. Hope it stops pretty soon !!!

Comment

We (group of 8) went up the 18 and did Jacoby canyon (gadzuks adopt a trail) First on the trail with fresh powder. It was perfect! as soon as we got on it started snowing lightly. Everything went well and no issues. Gold mountain was a different story lol. The trail had been forged before we got there and the packed down melted ice snow was definatly slick. Some of the lesser equip (1 with no rear & 1 with not working correctly locker)sammys had traction issues on some obstacles but we all made it through unscathed. We ran into a group of jeepers with on rig with a tire off the bead. We spent about an hour trying to reseat a tire with a big hole in it lol. Ran in to another jeep group coming down the hill with a yj with a broken dana 30 axle. About that time one of the sammis was having major traction problems so I got in front of him and pulled him out the rest of the way up the hill with his great working bungy strap. I did chain up when pulling him out and boy what a difference those chains made, so glad I got them. It was a fun challenging eventful day. One time the snow was coming down so hard I want to say it was a snow flurry. I had never seen it snow that hard definatly an experience to remember. Have pics but not sure their any good ill check them out and post up.

Got a call last night from a buddy who has some jeep buddies stuck up in wrightwood somewhere who wants to borrow my chains. Obviously I said come and get them. I guess there is 2 jeeps stuck down a valley or hill and everytime they try to move foward they actually move backwards toward a ravine or cliff. The guys had to leave jeeps and walk 6 miles out. Hope all turn out well today.
                      Last edited by Jeeperator; 03-19-12, 07:01 AM.

Comment

PICS:

Comment

I spent Saturday night and all day Sunday in Forest Falls. We got 2' of snow and it was still coming down when I left. Lots of fun!

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Looks like you had a blast Bobo

Comment

It was great fun! Just another fun obsticle me and my jeep has conquered lol. BTW the 3 (not 2) jeeps that got stuck made it out allright this morning. Aparently 4 inches of fresh snow came down last night giving them something to drive out on instead of ice.
                              Last edited by Jeeperator; 03-19-12, 08:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X