Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Mirage Dry Lake Bed - Land Speed Racing! June 13th

Its that time again.

For Directions, Look here: http://www.scta-bni.org/El_Mirage/directions_to_EM.txt

We will have this car out:

We are running on a 202MPH record and we will be happy with anything above that!

-Chris
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

That thing is awesome!!!! do you drive it chris?? 202!! ooo that sounds fun, althought i saw a guy driving a suped up porshe called a RUF on the autoban at 212....just something to think about when your onle going 202
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

I havent driven that one, but I have driven at speed before. I went 230 or so, one way at Bonneville last year.
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

These events are pretty cool (and very hot too). I've been out there for the past two. A lot of different shapes and sizes of cars as well as drivers. No big corperate sponsers (there is food... to buy) so you can get close to the cars and talk with the crews, if you like, very cool if your into speed. I have some video if someone could help with uploading. Do I or should I become a finanical supporter of this site to be able to post? (It's only money for a good cause, no big deal). There's video of a motorcycle where the driver lays on his stomach about a 1 or 2 inches from the ground powered by a 100cc engine. Yesterday he broke the record for his class, 101.54mph! (previously 98mph) I don't know about you but that would be quite a thrill traveling that fast that close to the ground. Just one of the many things to see.

Thanks a bunch again Chris. We probably won't see you out there until it starts to cool off, at least me with the kids.

B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
          ... Do I or should I become a finanical supporter of this site to be able to post [pictures] ?...
          You do not need to be a subscriber to post pics or videos on MJR. If you want MJR to host them, then yes. But you can use any website you want to host the pics/videos, and then post a link (direct or text, either one) to that site.
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

be sure to post results as soon as you get back..i've been wanting to go out for years...my gf's dad has talked about flying out there sometime and i keep reminding him about the idea but nothing has materialized yet..maybe next year
            If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

We didn't get any records. The Driver said the engine wasn't running.
              check www.scta-bni.org of other results. There are more meets this year, you can still make it to one.
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                I havent driven that one, but I have driven at speed before. I went 230 or so, one way at Bonneville last year.
                230...now that is FAST!!
                B R E T T

Comment

Ill toot his horn for him, since he wont.

Hes one of the few elite members of the 200mph Club. In order to get into the club, you must break a record in excess of 200 mph, not just go 200. Its a pretty cool thing He broke it last year at Bonneville.

Way too cool

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                    Ill toot his horn for him, since he wont.

Hes one of the few elite members of the 200mph Club. In order to get into the club, you must break a record in excess of 200 mph, not just go 200. Its a pretty cool thing He broke it last year at Bonneville.

Way too cool

Tam

wow...that sounds pretty cool! Congrats to Chris on his "speshul" accomplishment

now if hed only get around to my bumper...
                    B R E T T

Comment

Working...
                    X