Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC109 run this Saturday 5-29-04

If anyone is interested, I am going to BC109 in upper Ojai which is a river bed with some rock gardens and nice washes this saturday (5-29-04_. If you are interested we can work out a place to meet. BC109 is actually only about 15 minutes from the lower entrance to Miller Jeep Trail, although I will probably go up the 33 through Ojai to get there.

Paul Tyler
    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Will my CJ7 on 33's have a problem with it? Both of my lockers are out so I am just running open diffs.

Comment

You will do fine in your CJ. BC109 has something for everyone. If there is a spot with problems I will help you. I am locked front and rear. But there are no steep hills. It is just a really fun river bed. The best parts are the washes that flow into the river bed. It is good wheeling going up those washes to see how far back they go (usually about 1/2 to 1 mile). There are a lot of ledges and some off camber stuff that is fun. Dont forget "oil pan alley" (a decent rock garden). You should try it.
      92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

What time are you guys going to meet, and where?
        Im taking it that there are bypasses on this run?
        Ok thanks a lot
        mike
        93 grand, 33" pro comps, hp30, front long arms, front lock-rite.

Comment

Stevo:

I see you are coming from Valencia. I am in Camarillo. If you are interested, why don't we plan to meet at Flying Js in Gorman at 9 a.m. From there we can decide if we want to do Millers or go to BC109. Sully has posted a few times and may join us.

Comment

Sorry guys, cant make this one.

Comment

BC109.....isn't that known as Dry Canyon?
              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I don't know it by that name. Basically it is off of Lockwood Valley rd.

Comment

I just looked at the maps again, the official designation is 8N40, commonly called "Dry Canyon", and labeled as route #109 (on the Mt Pinos OHV map).

That is a fun canyon...the bottom is pretty tame, but you start getting into some nice rocks as you work your way up. It also looks like it gets alot of water moving through it, which would change it quite a bit year to year.

Just west of there is "sulpher canyon", which is a nice scenic drive until it narrows down so much that you can't go on....and can't turn around.....forcing you to back down until you find a wide enough spot to turn around.
                  olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

This sounds like a fun run, i wanna go and meeting at 9 sounds good as well. My brother is not going anymore. So hopefully my jeep can make it. 33's but unlocked.
                    mike

Comment

OK. We will meet at 9 a.m. at Flying Js in Gorman. Anyone that wants to go be there at that time. We will leave shortly thereafter. I am in a lifted white wrangler YJ with a rack over the rear tire and a black softtop. From Flying Js we can decide if we want to do Millers or go to BC109. See you then. My cell phone is 805-889-9000. If you need to cancel let me know and I won't show up.

Comment

Can't make it Saturday, but I could do Sunday?

Wish you were going Sunday. My Saturday is committed.

See you on the next trail run.

Comment

Sunday would be better for me as well because then my bro can come along. But im going either way.
                          mike

Comment

Sunday - 5/30 @ 9am?

Do you want to drive out together on Sunday or meet at the Flying J?

Paulhead:
                            Can you make this run on Sunday? Great if you can.

George

Comment

I can only go tomorrow (Saturday) but if you guys would rather do the run on Sunday that would be no problem. I would just go mess around at the Hungry Valley OHV park tomorrow. Since it is late Friday evening, if you want to go tomorrow and meet at 9 just post a reply that says you will be there and I will know to be at Flying Js tomorrow at 9. Otherwise, you guys should feel free to go on Sunday if that would be better. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X