Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Shredder Canyon!

Well I hooked up with Curtis today to Run Shredder Canyon. Both Curtis and I spent the day on AAT on Holcolmb Trail yesterday so a fun day was perfect for today. We met Brian (rockrod74) out in the Lake Los Angeles area and cruised to the trailhead. Brian had a one day pass to run this fun trail that is on private property. The local sheriff does patrol this area and enforce the private property issue.

We ran the trail up hill first then met 2 more of Brians friends at the bottom and then turned around and ran it in the opposite direction. This is a short but fun tough trail that has many options. There was the dent, scratch, torn-off armor, brocken Warn fuse, dented exhaust kind of thing. Brian high centered hard enough to push the shifters up thru the floor of his Jeep 2 inches! Awesome weather and friends.

Thanks again Curtis for the tour!

Mitch

Ouch!

Last edited by Mitch; 05-22-11, 05:19 PM.

The scenery is so awesome!

Comment

Brian and friends, thanks for just a great day. All day Brian kept looking up canyons and the side of hills and saying maybe we should try that and see if we can make it.

Thanks Mitch for going along.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

If the private property thing gets handled then it will have a dozen MK type trails thru there!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
          If the private property thing gets handled then it will have a dozen MK type trails thru there!
          [COLOR="blue"]I've got a couple of new "bunny trails" for Art and the 40 crowd loaded up and ready to go. Just have to pick a day to break them in.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
            [COLOR="blue"]I've got a couple of new "bunny trails" for Art and the 40 crowd loaded up and ready to go. Just have to pick a day to break them in.[/COLOR]
            Can I tag along? I don't have 40's but I have 33's with lockers ....it works out the same really if you do the math and piece up the equation. It's all science.....right?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Shant is just totally ready for some serious bashing, that looks like a fun trail/ area to explore.
              Yeah Mike, you me, Freddy and some other knuckle heads need to get together for some fun.

Comment

wonder if I,d make it with 35,s..NEW 4.56,s gears and limited slip in the rear 44?? Could I Heh??
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                  wonder if I,d make it with 35,s..NEW 4.56,s gears and limited slip in the rear 44?? Could I Heh??
                  Geeb you'll never know what you can do till you try.
                  Shant if you have done the math I'm sure it will work. Art will supply the knuckleheads and maybe some road builders.

I was just doing a little math.....33"s x 4 lockers + a couple of knuckleheads - 4:56 gears x granite rocks = a great day in the desert. I'll bring lotsa water and a hat.
                  Last edited by mkjeepers; 05-23-11, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Sorry I went a bit off topic Mitch, those pictures really are beautiful. The weather looks great too.

Mike, I'm down for a little rock Bashing with the 40" Tire Crew.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

One of my top favorite trails.
                      If you don't like the way I drive, stay off of Kurts foot!

Comment

Looks a fun day on the trail. Nice pictures Mitch. Nice looking CJ's too.

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        Yeah Mike, you me, Freddy and some other knuckle heads need to get together for some fun.
                        :cough: :cough: :raise hand:
                        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                          Can I tag along? I don't have 40's but I have 33's with lockers ....it works out the same really if you do the math and piece up the equation. It's all science.....right?
                          I've ran this trail twice. Once with 32's and lockers and then with 33's and lockers. There are lines that can get you through. It's a great trail. I'm with 50yj, it's one of my fav's.

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                          :cough: :cough: :raise hand:

OOOoo! OOoooo! Pick me too! Pick me too!!!
                          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            I've ran this trail twice. Once with 32's and lockers and then with 33's and lockers. There are lines that can get you through. It's a great trail. I'm with 50yj, it's one of my fav's.

OOOoo! OOoooo! Pick me too! Pick me too!!!
                            See Mike's Cougar Buttes post, going to be fun, big rocks big scratches and dents, I walked 2 canyons with him and those would be a whole lot of fun

Comment

It was hard finding the trail after being closed for a few years. But shredder canyon is a very good example why are trails are getting closed. To many idiots leaving there trash and beer cans behind and total disrespect for the neighbors and land owners. But after all the trails are closed maybe the idiots will get it but I doubt it.
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
                              X