Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be there. Leaving Poway early of Friday. Roger I will try to reach you on the 2 Meter as I get close.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD View Post
      I'll be there. Leaving Poway early of Friday. Roger I will try to reach you on the 2 Meter as I get close.
      Hey George, nice running into you at HRO last week! Have fun next weekend!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
        This is happening on Memorial Day weekend,and not on Labor Day,right?
        Originally posted by Jason View Post
        Is it me or did I just notice that the title of this thread puts this event 3 1/2 months from now. Should read Memorial Day
        Thats what my stupid question was for Jason.Sarcasm just dose'nt print well
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Sounds good George. I should be listening
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Hey Butch!!!! See you there!!!!

Comment

Hi Desert Round-Up - Memorial Day Weekend...

Sorry folks for my "typo" in the title... Guess I got a little too excited...

Carmen and I are going to try to head out on Thursday afternoon if at all possible. Roger, have you scoped out an area that you really like for the campsite yet?
              Regards,
              Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Randy, It's going to be so crowded I don't think pre-selecting a site would be of use. I would try to be up against the hill south of the out house. If I get all my stuff done, I may be able to meet you Thursday and we could select a site. I'd run back home and meet the other guys Friday morning as planned. I can't remember if you have my cell or not, so I will PM you it. You could call me when you are on your way and then when you get close to LV.
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

I don't know how crowded it's going to be. It seems that the extra register on site fee is being waived. First time I recall that happening. But I could be wrong.

I also need to re-think my eating plans. Chief Andy will not be joining us this year so no deep pit BBQ on Saturday.

Comment

First HDR moves, and NOW no Chef Andy?
                    What the heck is going on?
                    Respectfully,
                    LG
                    Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

All I know is when I paid my registration, there was no spot to pay for the Sat. BBQ. I think I read somewhere, In-Gear?, that he was hanging it up.

Comment

Sorry to hear this as his food was ALWAYS great.
                        Still wonder why HDR moved to JV.
                        Cheers,
                        LG
                        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Food while camping is always best when someone else cooks it and it makes cleaning up easier.

Comment

Andy is an old friend of mine. He basically said he didn't have the time or energy to do it any more. He would get there Thursday night, set up all day Friday, work the weekend then tear down all day Monday.
                            His cooking will be missed. Ahh, the strawberry short cake dessert.
                            Come to the dark side.....
                            We have Cookies!

Comment

HDR moved to show that we want JV to remain open. If we don't use it, the marines will get it.

Food is a lot of work. Everyone here should get involved and help with the event. Cal4 always needs volunteers.
                              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

After many, many years of providing excellent food service for both HDR and PVD, Chef Andy and his wife Barbara are retiring from cooking at those events to spend more time on their family farm. However, I hear that Andy will be handling the hospitatity room at the Cal 4 Wheel convention in Herperia next February.

HDR moved to Johnson Valley for several reasons, the new trails, a better road into camp and it's closer for the majority of attendees.

And just to clarify, the area where HDR is being held, Anderson Dry Lake off of Camp Rock Road, is NOT within the area that is being studied by the Marines. It is part of the 40,000 or so acres that would be left of "the Johnson Valley Open Area" if the Marines get what they want.

So join us this weekend, for all new trails and the same fun and games.

Helen & Harry Baker
                                Cal 4 Wheel

Comment

Working...
                                X