Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: John Bull

Looking to run John Bull this Saturday. Anybody want to join in? Will launch from the Discovery Center at 0900.

ETA: This trail is actually rated difficult. I clicked the wrong one and can't seem to change it.
    Last edited by Striker3; 11-03-10, 12:07 AM.

Its rated difficult, but I had a friend run it open/open on 32s with no problem a while back.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

It has been going back and forth. People stack a ton of rocks and fill in the holes. Then what ever Jeep club is sponcering that trail unstacks the rocks and it is a difficult trail again. Last time I was on it (last month) they had done a good job of unstacking. I would say you need at least one locker to get thru as it is now. I am sure it could be done with no lockers but everone else on the trail will be happy if you don't have to get out and stack rocks to get thru.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

With all the rocks unstacked, 32" tires and (1) locker you can negotiate John Bull. That's the criteria that I write the annual Road Maintenance Plan to. There is at least (1) line on all SBNF trails rated Black Diamond that meet this criteria.

I won't guarantee you won't get the body scratched though
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I got through with 33's and a limited slip and yep, Jeff I did earn a little rock rash!
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              I got through with 33's and a limited slip and yep, Jeff I did earn a little rock rash!

Makes my day
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]I would go, but I'm doing trail maintenance that day on Holcomb. Strikers rig is fully capable.

And for Jeff, when's the last time you were on Holcomb? 32's and one locker my a$$...

(kidding Jeff, we keep it within standards.)[/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

You needed a locker?
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                    You needed a locker?
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]I lost a couple of U-joints recently.[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

i ran it last week and i was the only one not getting stuck oddly.. 3 well built cherokees couldnt even get thru the bulls gate keeper, some stock tj with 4" lift and 35's couldnt get thru (although he was an idiot), a stock rubi couldnt. maybe it was just the wet soil since it rained that day but i must say gold mt and john bull were the hardest i've seen in a number of yrs. I would LOVE to join you but i gotta find a place to live in san diego tomorrow. Got a new job!!!!!! YAY
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Is this still a go?

The jeep is loaded and ready to go. Just waiting for a little confirmation. By the way I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                          i ran it last week and i was the only one not getting stuck oddly.. 3 well built cherokees couldnt even get thru the bulls gate keeper, some stock tj with 4" lift and 35's couldnt get thru (although he was an idiot), a stock rubi couldnt. maybe it was just the wet soil since it rained that day but i must say gold mt and john bull were the hardest i've seen in a number of yrs. I would LOVE to join you but i gotta find a place to live in san diego tomorrow. Got a new job!!!!!! YAY
                          Kevin, congats on the new job! Good luck with the move. Man I'm gearing up for one of these weekends to run the Bull. Let me know if you need a hand. Cant make this one fellas.

Comment

not a whole lot to move really. just a bedroom set, a jeep, a street bike and a honda civic..having a hard time finding a place.. kinda bummed that big bear is now like 150 miles away. at least i'll have bronco peak now.
                            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Kevin, just make sure you keep your Jeep under lock and key those things turn into illegal aliens over there. Somehow San Diego Jeeps seem to make illegal border crossings and never make it back to the US

Comment

Working...
                              X