Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitch, I'll let you know. I usually have at least one day a weekend that will work. The mountain biking is at Sycamore Rocks on the West end of the Valley. From my house I pass right by it on Johnson Rd. on the way out to the North End of Fairview Valley. The sand in the valley itself is pretty soft and I don't really know of much mountain biking there, although I'm sure if I spend too much time exploring I could find some good trails.

~Reed

Comment

Fun stuff! I wish I could get out as often. So how are the temperatures out there right now? I'm waiting for October before I start rolling out again.

Comment

John,

Actually it has been great lately, 80's during the day and 50's over night. Reed let me know.

Mitch

Comment

When are you going out again? You always find the best off the beaten path places to! And how do you get to the remote campsites at Sawtooth Canyon?

Comment

Lalo,

I am lucky to be able to go out at least one day every weekend of the year. Much easier living so close to the fun spots. PM if you have something specific in mind.

The Campground at Sawtooth Canyon is off Hwy 247 18 miles north of Hwy 18 leaving Lucerne Valley. You turn left(west) on BLM dirt road 6440. There is a BLM kiosk on the east side of Hwy247 at the turn off. Follow the dirt road west about a mile and it will end at the campground.

Mitch

Comment

88, remind me not to sneek up and scare you when your out there wheelin......that knife strapped to the front roll bar is just to convenient:-)....Thanks for sharing, great post as always.

Comment

Working...
              X