Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Rattlesnake Canyon

Scott (dr dirty)

Thank you for a great trail run up Rattlesnake Canyon today. We all met in Lucerne Valley for this run. We ended up with 17 rigs when we finally hit the trail off Hwy 247. the Valero Station needs a bigger parking lot!

We did bump into Billy Mitchell (Grazing Right Holder) on our drive to the actual canyon. He was happy with the slow progression and plesant meeting by everyone.

Heading up Rattlesnake Canyon

A short break for a hike to the "Two Hole Mine".

My hero of the day : Reed's son Levi

Smiles all day.

I lead from the front through the extra credit spots.

John and Kristy following my line

Others

Scott checking out his new coil-over shocks

By the mining camp

This guy wanted a kiss on the way home

This guy was horny

Awesome weather, blue skys, great friends! Nice to meet all the new folks. Thank you

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 08-28-10, 09:52 PM.

Nice pics and report as usual.

Thanks for sharing my friend.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Thanks Scott for settin this run up and to Mitch for the pics. The day was nice and I meet some great people to wheel with and I know there are more MJR guys out there. This fall will be interesting : )

Comment

awww epic trip!! wish i hadnt been working on the truck today. glad everyone had a great time!
        KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Thanks Scott for organizing the run. I really enjoyed the day. You did especially well on the weather you ordered up for the day.
          Rich

Comment

Thanks Scott,

I enjoyed the run.
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Fun time had by me as well. Thanks again Scott. I was so eager to get out and the weather was perfect. The trail is nice and I even got stuck while playing on an extra credit section. All in good fun.

Comment

Oh my f ing hell!.........

......WHAT A GREAT DAY!, perfect weather, cool people to hang with, the pace was perfect, trail selection couldn't have been better, getting a chance to say "howdy" to Mr. Mitchell, meeting Mr Baker and his wife at the trailhead, George never turning down a challenge....and best of all was you could tell EVERYONE was really glad to be out there....thanks for puttin this one together and having those with us that know the area (Roger, Mitch) is like icing on the cake....and our tailgunner Jason making sure nobody got left behind.....way cool.
                Here's what we got for pics.....

John & Kristi

Comment

That was a lot of fun. Thanks everyone for putting up with my little Suzuki Samurai. My JK was out of commission due to the previous weeks events (I did a week long trip to Dusy-Ershim). It was fun being the Sesame Street character in the group (one of these vehicles doesn't belong, one of these vehicles isn't the same)!
                  No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Comment

....and furthermore...

...Mitch....the bug chasing Kris around that looked like a F4 jet with it's landing gear down was from the Wasp family. Tarantula Hawk......Kris said she would rather find a Turantula then one of these...

Notes

Tarantula hawk stings are considered to be the most painful of any North American insect. Christopher Starr wrote an article entitled, "A Pain Scale for Bee, Wasp and Ant Stings." On a scale of one to four, Pepsis formosa was one of only two insects to rate a four. This compares with a one for a Solenopsis xyloni (desert fire ant), two for a Apis mellifera (honey bee) and three for a Dasymutilla klugii (velvet ant).

One researcher described the tarantula hawk’s sting this way: "To me, the pain is like an electric wand that hits you, inducing an immediate, excruciating pain that simply shuts down one’s ability to do anything, except, perhaps, scream. Mental discipline simply does not work in these situations. The pain for me lasted only about three minutes, during which time the sting area was insensitive to touch, i.e., a pencil point poked near the sting resulted only in a dull deep pressure pain."

Tarantula wasps are unusual in the severity of their stings. Generally, it is the more social insects that deliver the most painful stings because they have a large nest to defend. Researchers hypothesize that the Pepsis as well as the Dasymutilla have evolved such painful stings because they spend so much time out in the open, exposed to potential predators.
                    John & Kristi

Comment

John,

Like I told Kris, it ain't no big deal. Just a flying bug or something. Too funny.

Mitch

Comment

Thanks guys for coming out it was a wonderful and fun day.....
                        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

That there bug looks like a big ole ant with wings!! Thanks for the pic,s and report...
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Geeb,

It is like 4 inches long and makes you think when it buzzes by your head. You should have seen Kris run

Comment

Great pics guys. Looks like a fun day. Sorry I missed it. Scott, Jeep is looking nice.
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X