Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Dishpan / Gold Mountain

Well I asked Curtis earlier in the week if he wanted to show me some new easy, relaxing trails around the Mountain areas. He said to meet in Cedar Glen at 7:30am today. He also had Mike K join us. So Mike led us down to the T-6 crossing on 3N34 at Dishpan Springs. So much for easy and relaxing....

We started with 3

Dishpan

Curtis replacing a front brake line

We stopped for a quick break at the Crab Flats Campground. I saw this Jeep and thought of Christian.

We then ran a short Blue Square trail that brought us out at Green Valley. We drove to the small lake and Mike left us at this point to get home his sons birthday.

Curtis and I continued on to Big Bear and Gold Mountain

Then there was 2

Gold Mountain

We hit a bunch of traffic at the obsticles here. Several areas were really dug upand stopped a lot of the vehicles. Of course I followed Curtis's line and we drove straight thru with out a problem.

Curtis and I split up at Baldwin Mine and because I hadn't had enough yet I ran Jacoby Canyon on my way back home.

Then there was 1

Jacoby Canyon

Lunch spot

Play spot

Great fun trail as always, nice shade, fun area. Even had time to play a few minutes. Awesome day. Thanks Curtis and Mike. Beautiful weather and good friends.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 08-14-10, 05:33 PM.

It was a fun easy day. Thanks for the invite Curtis & Mitch. We left early, so there wasn't any traffic on the Dishpan trail. GVL was a nice place stop for a break. I think Mitch has a new favorite trial now.

San B

Curtis broke a break line

Mitch at the waterfall

High Desert view

Lake Arrowhead at a distance

Green Valley Lake

Last edited by mkjeepers; 08-14-10, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Yea it was a really clear day. Thanks guys.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

hey i saw you guys roll through crab flats. i meet up with a group there including that sweet yellow scrambler.

great day on the trail and great pics!
        KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Looked like a GORGEOUS day. I need to get out more. Gold MT is nicely tore up. its fun now.
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Mitch how come ya didn't go straight up the waterfall?
            It's not worth the trouble fudging around all those rocks, on the supposedly easy way. Just go up and over
            Looks like you, Mike and Curtis had fun

Comment

Looks fun. I love Gold Mountain. I just put sliders on today, I'm ready to try out Dishpan then John Bull!
              -Justin

Comment

I'm still not sure if this was Mikes fault or Curtis's fault. But it wasn't my fault! Time for something new.

Comment

yup bad influences hahahh
                  KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Rime to ditch the fakies and go for the real thing Mitch

Comment

Beadlocks....

....ouch, bummer Mitch but the Jeep is lookin sweet in black. Do they make D.O.T. beadlocks?

Nice trail report.....
                      John & Kristi

Comment

Awesome pictures! What a beautiful day to be out. Thanks for sharing.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Art,

If I had your money I'd be wheeling with some real beadlocks. Over 200 hundred runs and 4 years they have served their purpose. And I didn't rock around every rock, just a few I waited to long to run both of these trails.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                            I'm still not sure if this was Mikes fault or Curtis's fault. But it wasn't my fault! Time for something new.

I would say it's Curtis's fault...even though he was behind you....

Comment

He did it after he left me!! Mitch just take them off or get some pan head bolts to bolt them back on. Hey get some new colored new ones.
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
                              X