Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Shakedown in the Forest

Yesterday Mike, Kurt, and I headed up to Big Bear to stretch the legs on the Jeeps. Our plan was to hit as many trials as possible before heading to the lake to see the fireworks. I’m still trying to fine tune my suspension, Kurt’s first time out in over seven months, and Mike dropped a 44 in Mr. Green. I think we were all a little nervous.

The weather was perfect. Much better then it was down the mountain. Our first trail was Dishpan and the waterfall. After Dishpan we headed to White Mountain where coming off the trail we ran into Art and Fred who were coming from John Bull. Fred just finished a suspension upgrade and he was on a shakedown run as well. We were on our way to JB and they decided to join us and run it again this time in the opposite direction. 4 rigs all on their shakedown run on JB. :hide:

Everyone did great. No major issues and I made it home without a tow truck.

Dishpan.

Rat’s first flex on the new suspension.

I see light under that rear tire.

I decided to take the left side of the waterfall and got a little tipsy. Kurt and Ozzy had to keep my front end down.

A little easier if you stay to the right.

As usual Mike making it look easy.

Didn’t get a lot of pictures on White Mountain.
    Over looking Lucerne at the top of White Mountain.

Flex a thon on JB.

After JB we said our goodbyes to Art and Fred, met up with Sharon and her mom and headed into Fawnskin for dinner before the fireworks.
    It was a great day on the trail rapped up with dinner with friends and a great fireworks show.

Check out .

Cool stuff the boys are back in town ..glad to hear all went well...
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Looks like the time and money paid off guys. Some sweet looking rides!!
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Hey guys,

The rigs are looking great. Fred has the most awesome flex pose!!! Good to see everyone back out on the trail. Maybe I can lead you boys on a Mottino shakedown

Excellent firework photography Chuck

Who won the drag race??????
        Last edited by Mitch; 07-05-10, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Had a great time yesterday.Meeting up with you guys was a one in a million shot.Fun running the bull backwards. You guys did a great job on your rebuilds they are bad ass now.Well now the fine tuning starts.
          Also the pics came out great Chuck.
          You can make it

Comment

No Camera!!

I can't believe that I left to meet you guys without my camera or video camera!

It was a great day. It was fun running into Fred and Art too. All the Jeeps seemed to do pretty well. I gotta find that rear locker problem and solve it soon.

Hey Chuck, you need to re-size three of the original pics. I know that you are proud of how the Jeep turned and all, but.....
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Well ya all, it was fun hanging out and doing the show off thing on John Bull. Had fun Bullldozing at the end though haha and that with no lockers got to love it.
              Chuck ya know I love that CJ& to me it's the baddest in town. Kurt the Rat came out bitching, work like a dream now finish it.

Comment

Chuck, thanks for the pics. That was a fun day for sure. Spent all day today today cleaning, adjusting, tuning. I had a shitload of pics of the day, but brainfarted and deleted them right after I downloaded them. 300+. Sucks too, I had some good ones. Must have been the "Mist"...
                fred, your rig is awsome. I hope mine looks that "finished" when I'm done. That was perfect timing meeting you and Art at the bottom of White Mountain. Pretty cool. Mr. Green, as always, a pleasure. Chuck, I saw your latest post on your build thread; I already have a list as long as yours. The rattle last night was the cardon on the front drive shaft. It's wasted. But that was the old one; the new one should be done this week.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Looks like a great run. Nice upgrades on the rigs. Art when you steal your set of coilovers, get me a set also LOL[/COLOR]

Comment

The Jeeps sure look great. I am sooo very jealous, but tomorrow is Tuesday night late nite fab nite for me. Kurt...I really like the way your cage turned out! It looks awesome. Chuck....you still have one of the best looking CJs I have ever seen (though I am not sure you can call yours a CJ anymore)! Now that Mr. Green has a new 44, Penny is gonna have a hard time keeping up.
                    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I decided to take the left side of the waterfall and got a little tipsy. Kurt and Ozzy had to keep my front end down.

I remember Kurt doing that for me once at nearly the exact same spot!
                      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

The hard work and investment you guys did sure paid off. You all have awesome Jeeps!
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                          I had a shitload of pics of the day, but brainfarted and deleted them right after I downloaded them. 300+. Sucks too, I had some good ones. Must have been the "Mist"...
                          That sucks. You had some nice shots of the fireworks.
                          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                            I remember Kurt doing that for me once at nearly the exact same spot!
                            I did almost the same thing you did that time. Thankfully I wasn't on one tire like you were. That was insane.
                            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                              I did almost the same thing you did that time. Thankfully I wasn't on one tire like you were. That was insane.

I still see that CJ balancing on one rear tire like it was yesterday. That has to be the closest a Jeep has ever come to going over backwards, but not going.
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X