Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calico Easter Report

we had a great time at the pre easter portion of the calico jeep run. wow! what carnage on the night run through the untamed washes. myself [nailer341], dukes69, sully, and tjjeepgal arived friday night for the saturday run.we went on a night run on friday night which was lead by the infamous dukes69. he took us on a run through some washes that were really torn up, and seemingly never run before. as he was leading the pack, he consequently cleared the way for the rest of us

everyone got a bit of damage on this night run. sully ripped his brand new top, tam smashed her fender, and as you can see, duke shreaded the drivers side of his jeep.
    the next day we did the normal calico run. i ran the entrance, although still not as smoothe as the first time with the 40 seconds.. i made it none the less. with a few rocks stacked to get me out of the famous "hole" i was finished in about 10 minutes.

as we went down the trail, duke flexed his tattered rig out on a huge rock [nice]

of course i followed him up the rock to see how i would do on it
    going up, things felt fine... flexing nicely, and climbing effortlessly. at the top of the rock, something strange happened! the front spring went [BOING] and unloaded. all the flex on the front went away, nearly sending me over on my side!

i am going to have to figure out what the hell went wrong, and fix it. this is not a good thing.
    [there will be a new thread on this subject in the swb suspension section for suggestions]

over all it was a fantastic time. i hope it went as well the following day on the "easter" run! lets do it again!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

I knew you would have pics. Will Chris's jeep require lots of $ t fix?
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

he is not tooo worried about it.
      here are some larger pics.

it is all sheetmetal damage. nothing important oh, and a soft top.
      ERIK

Comment

Time for Chris to get some TUBE FENDERS......
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

ERIK

Comment

Anyone missing a hammer? Cause I have a new one.

Comment

Goodtimes!
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
                Anyone missing a hammer? Cause I have a new one.
                i think it belongs to chris or tammy. i have mine.
                ERIK

Comment

Eric are those all your pics?

Comment

we made it back safe and sound ... TonkaDave (and your wife, Evette is it?) it was truly a pleasure, good luck fixing that spare tire carrier ... Nothing else worth nothing, I'm tired. Oh yeah, happy birthday blktj!
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

thanks sarah and all who helped in the decoration of the birthday Jeep.

Great run, Chris made things more fun by unstacking a bunch of rocks on a few obsticles to make them a little harder. :yay:

goodtimes.
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

sounds like you guys had a great time! lets see some more pics! was there any more trail carnage than there was on the first night? HAPPY BIRTHDAY brian!
                        sully, i have more pics.. i'll upload them to image station and post a link when i get a moment
                        bacon, sorry i missed you on the "i'l drink to that" run! i had a coke in your honor
                        hope you and rick, as well as everyone else that was there had a great time, and made it home safe! :oink:
                        ERIK

Comment

Well, we are back. Safe and Sound. Tired as all hell, but safe. Man my Jeep runs awesome. At least it runs better then it looks! I finally got my soft doors to fit after some work. The real fun will be trying to get my hard doors on. Great run everybody!! Tonkadave, it was nice to meet you and your wife. We have some pics, I'll post them tomorrow!
                          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

we forgot to charge my camera battery before we left and our inverter is messed up. but i took a few pics of tam with her camera
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

didn't someone say something about more pics???:confused: :mad: :yay:
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                              X