Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds like a good run.

I have 33's with open diff's and the turdy5.

If you dont mind me tagging along I would like to make it. If it get's to hairy I can take the bypass.

I am an excellent camera man!

Plus if I brake the 35 I have to upgrade to a D44 right? The wife will understand.

Comment

I'll bring about 15 3ft stakes and some red spray paint Mike.
      Ron G

Comment

My deotch tech 8000 shocks just arrived and they stretch out to 27 inches. My current rubicon express shocks stretch to 23 inches. Can't wait to replace it and see the new flex.

Can't wait till Saturday!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOO..........

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
          My deotch tech 8000 shocks just arrived and they stretch out to 27 inches. My current rubicon express shocks stretch to 23 inches. Can't wait to replace it and see the new flex.

Can't wait till Saturday!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOO..........
          Are you saying you used your old shocks as limiting straps? Eeek!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
            Are you saying you used your old shocks as limiting straps? Eeek!
            Yes sir...for two years now.

My Yukon 4.56's were delivered today as well but those are going to have to wait to be installed.

Comment

I just got back from MOAB today (4/08) and I think I will meet you guys up there. My new 4door Rubi still has the hardtop on but 6" lift and 37" . Do I need to take the TJ or am I able to take the JK with the hard top? I do not want to screw up the hardtop if there is close rocks to damage it.

Chido

Comment

Shant, yer gonna love the 4.56,s my bro..I went from 3.55 to 4.56 about 6 months ago and am now on 35,s I cruise the highway now 65/70 miles per hour and my rpms are at 2350 to 2500 really a big difference, off road to is much stronger feelin..
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                  Shant, yer gonna love the 4.56,s my bro..I went from 3.55 to 4.56 about 6 months ago and am now on 35,s I cruise the highway now 65/70 miles per hour and my rpms are at 2350 to 2500 really a big difference, off road to is much stronger feelin..
                  Ya I can't wait. My Jeeps a slug right now with the 3.73's.

Comment

With those long shocks you better be sure you are not picking up your springs all over the trail. Also for the rear shocks when they are to long they will break the upper shock mount pin. So might be wise to pull those out of your old shocks to carry as spares

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      With those long shocks you better be sure you are not picking up your springs all over the trail. Also for the rear shocks when they are to long they will break the upper shock mount pin. So might be wise to pull those out of your old shocks to carry as spares
                      I haven't changed the rears, those are the same so no worries there.

I measured the front flex before ordering the shocks so that the springs don't unseat.

I haven't installed them just yet, I'm going to do that tonight and will test the flex. If the spring unmounts then I will place something on the bottom part by the axle to make sure the spring does not move out of it's location.

All covered.

Comment

Good deal Shant, running after your spings in a dire spot is a pain in the behind

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                          I haven't changed the rears, those are the same so no worries there.

I measured the front flex before ordering the shocks so that the springs don't unseat.

I haven't installed them just yet, I'm going to do that tonight and will test the flex. If the spring unmounts then I will place something on the bottom part by the axle to make sure the spring does not move out of it's location.

All covered.
                          Make sure your new limiting straps aren't your brake lines too.
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                            Make sure your new limiting straps aren't your brake lines too.
                            no my brake lines are looooooooooooooooong hehe.

Just baught an 8gb sd card for my camcorder so now I have a total of 12gb of memory which gives me 160 minutes of recording time....

There's going to be lots of recording going on this Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by marchido1 View Post
                              I just got back from MOAB today (4/08) and I think I will meet you guys up there. My new 4door Rubi still has the hardtop on but 6" lift and 37" . Do I need to take the TJ or am I able to take the JK with the hard top? I do not want to screw up the hardtop if there is close rocks to damage it.

Chido
                              [COLOR="Blue"]I don't think there will be an issue with your hard top. The section that everyone would have had an issue I took out last week. I took my JK up to that tight squeeze and it ended up about 2 feet too wide. My judgement is starting to get a little off these days. Might be able to get a Suzuki through though.

So I put in a bypass around that section, which adds a little more bang for your buck.

If your TJ is on 35's it might be safe to bring it this first time. I haven't run the On the Rocks trail yet. I'm almost as anxious as Bash is to run it though.LOL I've got a 2 GB card good for 3000 pix.[/COLOR]

Comment

If you think I can make it through I will take the JK. Otherwise I have to put CB, Spare battery, tools, welder back in the TJ.

I just did Behind the Rocks in Moab on Monday!

Chido

Comment

Working...
                                X