Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
    Billy amd Bash, Thanks for the words of hope..LOL I,ll do it Billy so yer gonna have to follow me. The one that really scared me was in Death Valley I went with Steve (SAR JEEPER) and Roger. I think it was called Chicken Corner or some thing like that but I don,t think there are alot of roads as spooky as the way that made me feel..lol..I even got out of the jeep and Steve drove that section for me..(SISSY)..but I,m alive..lol
    [COLOR="Blue"]You should never let others push you past you allowable limit, at least that's my rule of thumb. You don't want to put yourself or your passengers in danger.[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Mike. Are you sure my wife didn't tell you to say that?
      Just kidding. Did you see the photo of what I did in Calico last week. That was just called stupidity. What can I say?
      Ron

Comment

Originally posted by bigbearwheeler View Post
        Hey Mike. Are you sure my wife didn't tell you to say that?
        Just kidding. Did you see the photo of what I did in Calico last week. That was just called stupidity. What can I say?
        Ron
        [COLOR="Blue"]I did see the picture..and I agree with UJK[/COLOR]

Comment

We should be able to make it.

Is any body camping Friday or Saturday night.

RallyeX (Jeff)

Comment

Just FYI.

[COLOR="Blue"]Just FYI.

I wanted to post this sticky link to the run requirements for the MJR forum in case some of the newer folks haven't read it yet. (sticky located at the top of the trail rides and events page)

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820

This forum isn't an organized club and all runs are done at your oun risk and liability. All of the state and local laws for driving a 4x4 also apply to the runs.

There are no restrictions on having fun though.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
              [COLOR="Blue"]Just FYI.

I wanted to post this sticky link to the run requirements for the MJR forum in case some of the newer folks haven't read it yet. (sticky located at the top of the trail rides and events page)

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820

This forum isn't an organized club and all runs are done at your oun risk and liability. All of the state and local laws for driving a 4x4 also apply to the runs.

There are no restrictions on having fun though.[/COLOR]
              Good Idea.

This is what I have posted over on our clubs page for this run just to give them an idea as well.

"Description:
              Crazy 8 is similar to CakeWalk and Bullfrog Trail in Couger Buttes

Meeting Time and Location: We are meeting at HWY274 and Camp Rock Rd at 9:30am SHARP. There is going to be a large group going so we can't be late. Expect 12 to 16 Jeeps

Our Meeting Location:
              We need to leave Rancho Cucamonga at 8:00am SHARP. If you're coming from Pasadena, you should leave by 7:15am.

Food: NO Barbeque! Too many people. Bring a sandwich or two, snacks and drinks for yourself.

Difficulty: This trail is difficult!

Vehicle Requirements: You MUST have a lifted Jeep (Hech khosk zarnel cheghav hos). You need to have front and rear tow points. If you don't have tow points on your Jeep, please get them installed before you come on to this trail.

Happy Krawlin!"

Even though we are always willing to help out a downed vehicle, sometimes things can go wrong and everyone should know and expect this. Like the time we had to leave the H1 on 2N17X for three days before we can get back out to recover it. It was midnight and the H1 broke a tie rod. The driver did not have the spare parts to repair it. We tried to get it out of there but there was no hope, THE DAMN THING WAS TOO HEAVY. A group decision was made to leave the rig and return in daytime. The driver agreed and was understanding about it.

Wheel at your own risk.

Happy Krawlin

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

camping out the night before isn't a terrible idea at all. It might be easier if I can follow someone.. so if someone is going out let me know if not I'll find a map and quest it
                Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                  Good Idea.

This is what I have posted over on our clubs page for this run just to give them an idea as well.

"Description:
                  Crazy 8 is similar to CakeWalk and Bullfrog Trail in Couger Buttes

Meeting Time and Location: We are meeting at HWY274 and Camp Rock Rd at 9:30am SHARP. There is going to be a large group going so we can't be late. Expect 12 to 16 Jeeps

Our Meeting Location:
                  We need to leave Rancho Cucamonga at 8:00am SHARP. If you're coming from Pasadena, you should leave by 7:15am.

Food: NO Barbeque! Too many people. Bring a sandwich or two, snacks and drinks for yourself.

Difficulty: This trail is difficult!

Vehicle Requirements: You MUST have a lifted Jeep (Hech khosk zarnel cheghav hos). You need to have front and rear tow points. If you don't have tow points on your Jeep, please get them installed before you come on to this trail.

Happy Krawlin!"

Even though we are always willing to help out a downed vehicle, sometimes things can go wrong and everyone should know and expect this. Like the time we had to leave the H1 on 2N17X for three days before we can get back out to recover it. It was midnight and the H1 broke a tie rod. The driver did not have the spare parts to repair it. We tried to get it out of there but there was no hope, THE DAMN THING WAS TOO HEAVY. A group decision was made to leave the rig and return in daytime. The driver agreed and was understanding about it.

Wheel at your own risk.

Happy Krawlin
                  [COLOR="Blue"]:thumbs_up Shant.
                  You MUST have a lifted Jeep (Hech khosk zarnel cheghav hos).[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by ocTJ View Post
                    camping out the night before isn't a terrible idea at all. It might be easier if I can follow someone.. so if someone is going out let me know if not I'll find a map and quest it
                    [COLOR="Blue"]The Cougar Buttes is a designated staging and camping area for the JV OHV area. There are several good spots there.[/COLOR]

Comment

Some of us from Big Bear will be camping out Saturday night. We already have a great spot out of the wind scoped out. We'll probably do a night run on BF or CW also. Everyone is welcome to join us. See ya then.

Ron Griffo

Comment

Some of us from Big Bear will be camping out Saturday night. We already have a great spot out of the wind scoped out. We'll probably do a night run on BF or CW also. Everyone is welcome to join us. See ya then.

Ron Griffo
                        So far it looks like I will have next Saturday off. So we plan on driving out Saturday morning then camping that night.

RallyeX

Comment

jeff and ron i could in for a overnighter also ,i will know next week sometime ....steve

Comment

Hi Bash. I like your idea of giving your guys vehicle requirements for the run, but I have to say that it seems sometimes folks just don't listen. They bring out these very nice looking but ill equiped vehicles and often do some very significant damage. This usually tends to hold up the entire group for often hours as well. That's just not cool.

So I guess what I'm saying is that we should encourage folks to come out wheeling with us and try things that are new and challenging, but at the same time we should let them know that their not being fair to their freinds if they have to spend the day pulling them over obstackles or doing repairs on the rig. If they've got all the good equipment though, Tires, a lift, axles, lockets, etc, there's almost nothing they can't do.

In other words, we should all know our own personal driveing abilitys and rigs limitations. It makes for a much more fun day for everyone, don't ya think?

Just my opinion! Hope I didn't tick anyone off !!!

By the way, as of Monday April 5th, it's snowing in Big Bear AGAIN. Not fit for man or beast. John Bull probably won't be doable for at least another 2 or 3 weeks, maybe more.

See ya Saturday
                            Ron G

Comment

Hi Bash. I like your idea of giving your guys vehicle requirements for the run, but I have to say that it seems sometimes folks just don't listen. They bring out these very nice looking but ill equiped vehicles and often do some very significant damage. This usually tends to hold up the entire group for often hours as well. That's just not cool.

So I guess what I'm saying is that we should encourage folks to come out wheeling with us and try things that are new and challenging, but at the same time we should let them know that their not being fair to their freinds if they have to spend the day pulling them over obstackles or doing repairs on the rig. If they've got all the good equipment though, Tires, a lift, axles, lockets, etc, there's almost nothing they can't do.

In other words, we should all know our own personal driveing abilitys and rigs limitations. It makes for a much more fun day for everyone, don't ya think?

Just my opinion! Hope I didn't tick anyone off !!!

By the way, as of Monday April 5th, it's snowing in Big Bear AGAIN. Not fit for man or beast. John Bull probably won't be doable for at least another 2 or 3 weeks, maybe more.

See ya Saturday
                              Ron G
                              It depends on who's going really. I post requirements on this particular run because we have many people coming and it won't be a good diea to show up stock.

Regardless of how well equipped or experienced, on the trail, ish happens and our motto, no one gets left behind.
                              It's the nam eof the game baby.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Mike (mkJeepers} no worrries there my bro if my nerves get so bad I can,t control my leg from moving on it own then I,m not gonna go any further..Thanks
                                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                                X