Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Miller jeep trail

Does anyone have any inside knowledge of what is happening with Miller Jeep Trail?
    Is it going to open this year , if so when and how can we help to get it open.

Thanks in advance
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

I was just talking with Mr. Orange about that last night. The snow season should quickly be coming to an end . . . I sure hope we'll be able to get the trail open this year after seeing the gates remain closed all of last year. I know last year it was not opened up due to logging that needed to be done up on the top portion of Miller . . . I guess the logging kept getting pushed back, I wonder if they ever did it or if we are still waiting on the same thing as we were last year. Got a bunch of willing hands here on MJR and other places ready to pitch in and do whatever to get the trail open . . . hopefully we can come together and figure something out.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I think this is open. I saw two run reports here for miller in January I think.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
        I think this is open. I saw two run reports here for miller in January I think.
        I don't think so . . . #1 - it's usually closed until the snow melts which certainly wouldn't be in January, and #2 - there's no way in hell that I would have missed two seperate reports about a Miller Run!!!

Comment

Your right. I am thinking of rowher trail not miller. My mistake.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Good news. Was able to reach the ranger station to ask about the status on Miller.
            He told me that the logging etc has been completed and that as of today they are waiting for the snow to melt and then it will be opened this spring.
            06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
            07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
              Good news. Was able to reach the ranger station to ask about the status on Miller.
              He told me that the logging etc has been completed and that as of today they are waiting for the snow to melt and then it will be opened this spring.
              YES!!!! You just made my day . . . can't wait to get up there. It's supposed to be really warming up . . . did you get any kind of indication when it would be opening up? Spring is here this weekend right don't we set the clocks back . . . it's got to be soon . . . right?

Comment

Looking forward to running Miller again. I was bummed last year after we got stuck in the middle of some politics regarding a clean up that was scheduled then cancelled. Too bad.

Comment

That is great news, I am all about Friday night Miller runs. Can't wait.
                  "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Can't wait for Miller to reopen. Can;t wait to camp out at the camp sites out in the area.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

What's the rig requirements for Miller?
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger I did Miller open and on 31,s a couple of times, the only thing that bothered me was the shelve roads a few narrow spots along a cliff I do NOT like, I,m sure alot of folks think that they are nothin but they scare me ..lol
                        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Roger . . . you'll be totally fine in your CJ. Stock Jeeps make it thru Miller all the time. A couple years back our group had a CJ with us . . . even with tiny little gears and a carb that wasn't happy, he was able to make it thru with a little bonzai action at the end . . . it was a lot of fun to watch him go! Can't wait to have our local trail open again.

Comment

Thanks Geeb & Schmo,

I've been fixing up the Po' Boy little by little. 5.5" lift, 33's, LS rear diff.

I'm fine with shelf roads and such.

Miller's kinda far from me but I'd like to join you guys sometime if you don't mind.

Oh, Schmo, I promise not to "spot" you. (He knows what I'm talkin' about!)
                            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                            MJR moderator
                            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

LMAO!! yeah he knows what yer talkin about ya almost killed him!!LOL...just kidding, but had to throw it out there..
                              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                              X