X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by jim79cj7
    There are hardened knuckles and non hardened knuckles the non hard will bend the others will break . ( proving my point , that having the "you gotta have " part (the hardened one) would have broke and you would have been on a flatbed on the way home ) you can tell by the casting which is which . I can tell you if you want to know............
    Yes, do tell

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    yea, jim.. i would like to know how to tell. i hope the one i replaced it with isnt hardened. lol

Leave a comment:

• jim79cj7
    replied
    There are hardened knuckles and non hardened knuckles the non hard will bend the others will break . ( proving my point , that having the "you gotta have " part (the hardened one) would have broke and you would have been on a flatbed on the way home ) you can tell by the casting which is which . I can tell you if you want to know............

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    NICE!!! Did you take a pic of the 2 knuckles side by side? just to get an idea of how much it was bent?

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    oh, cool! this thread is back open. i was wondering where to finish my carnage report.
    well, anyway.... i added a bent knuckle to the list. i could see that it was stressed, and possibly bent by the rust flakes coming off where the steering arm ties into the knuckle. well, now i know for sure. i got a new knuckle from a friend, and put it on there today. this damn thing was sooo bent that when i put the new one on the steering wheel changed position by about 120*!!
    well, i'm glad that is done. i have heard from many that it is very uncommon for a knuckle to be bent.. i guess they usually break.
    well, i think it is fair to say that notch kicked my a$$!
    well, some good came from it... i did do a couple of mods while in the process of these repairs.
    there you have it. :
    DAMAGE ASSESMENT:
    one 35" mt/r
    one rim.... this is perty
    one steering box
    one leaf spring
    one front shock
    one rear shock
    one steering pump /i think is ok
    one pitman arm
    and one knuckle!

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    Off Topic Posts

This thread was started for a run, and should have ended with the carnage report and the resulting fix of the carnage. Somehow we have gotten on to Dukes giving away his XJ? I think this stuff would be better as a PM.

:shades:

Leave a comment:

• TACOJ-7
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukes69
    I guess we could give you away then
    I think not

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by TACOJ-7
    why not it's 15 years old lol
    I guess we could give you away then

Leave a comment:

• TACOJ-7
    replied
    nope
    why not it's 15 years old lol

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    thats so true, so why don't you give away your XJ lol
    nope

Leave a comment:

• TACOJ-7
    replied
    There is no better price then free
    thats so true, so why don't you give away your XJ lol

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    free sound good to me
    There is no better price then free

Leave a comment:

• TACOJ-7
    replied
    Originally posted by NAILER341
    I SURE DID! lol they are going to get sick of looking at me over there... with all of these free waranty parts.
    free sound good to me

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by NAILER341
    I SURE DID! lol they are going to get sick of looking at me over there... with all of these free waranty parts.
    Erik, you are truly the queen of free shit . . . I think Jesse James is the king . . . I think

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X