Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumont Dunes President's Day Weekend

The weather couldn't have been more perfect! Cool days for riding and chilly nites for snuggling and campfires -- we have to say we had a blast! Oh yeah, and no W-word. (wind, shhh, don't say it or you'll jinx it.)

The new fee was amazingly ridiculous, we had to pay $40 to get both Jeeps in the dunes. Oh well. We got a ridiculously expensive-looking window sticker to show for it.

Thanks to HBJeepChic and the gang for saving us a spot at camp, you guys rock! Congrats again to Vance for his TROPHIES in the races.

The sand was quite choppy for the quads and there was still quite a large crowd despite the fees. Took a few pictures of the drag races and of the dog with an orange hat on -- I'll post them after a shower.

Kim, let me know if you still have the lift!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Yea pics Wish I could have made the trip but distance was a factor. My jeeps got a rear main seal leak I have'nt fixed yet. Glad you guys had fun.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

The dunes were amazing. HBJeepChic and co. provided a cozy fire. The races were awesome.

I agree with the choppy sand. I had to crawl over the bumps to keep from breaking something. Once I got out in the back area...time to fly! Perfect weather for doors off too. My friend Terez had a great time. She's never been to any drag race of any kind.

Congrats Vance! I haven't looked at the shots from your last race...hope something turned out.

Comment

"Took 2nd Place... in 3 races".. :-D

Presidants day was alot of fun!! Lance had fun racing his pretty much stock bronco.. lol.... 2nd place isn't that bad..

The offroad show is this weekend saturday morning... :-D so if we can get outta there early we might be able to wheel after.... lol need to get my jeeper out for at least one last romp session.. hee hee....

as for the lift .. :-D i still have it and i am still lookin for stock.... way stock wheels and tires... lol.. so if anyone has any please get back to me.. Thanx, :-D 714-726-6410, Kim or Lance

Comment

Re: "Took 2nd Place... in 3 races".. :-D

Originally posted by hbjeepchick
          Presidants day was alot of fun!! Lance had fun racing his pretty much stock bronco.. lol.... 2nd place isn't that bad..

The offroad show is this weekend saturday morning... :-D so if we can get outta there early we might be able to wheel after.... lol need to get my jeeper out for at least one last romp session.. hee hee....

as for the lift .. :-D i still have it and i am still lookin for stock.... way stock wheels and tires... lol.. so if anyone has any please get back to me.. Thanx, :-D 714-726-6410, Kim or Lance
          Got some in my kitchen...

Here's what they look like... http://home.earthlink.net/~qwiksilver/jeep.html

Comment

:-D.... 50bucks?.. sorry thats all thats in my budget for this ... gotta buy an engine for a porsche 914.. and gotta save 2500 for the coilover longtravel lift i'm getting for my grand cherokee

Comment

Yea the dunes was fun I was out there that weekend too.
              75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Originally posted by tonkadave
                Yea the dunes was fun I was out there that weekend too.
                which vehicle did you have out there? another duner! woohoo!

Comment

We were in my wifes 2000 XJ it has a skyjacker 3 in. lift and some 30" Yokohomo MT and a custom front bumber. (still designing the rear one) we were camped in front of the big hill(like everyone) but if you were to drive away from it right where the start of the sand drags were about 300 yards back. I didn't get any sleep that night everyone kept buzzing my tent I should of picked a better location.
                  75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Oh ok, we were at the end of the sand drags, and it was the quietest spot I've camped yet ... but you still know that isn't sayin' much. LOL. Next time we'll have to meet up!

Comment

Working...
                    X