Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Hammer Down trail?

I went out today as passenger with Kevin (1 F N Z) and headed out to meet Mike K and the guys for a new trail build in the Cougar Buttes area. Mike K is the guy who spent countless days laying out the Bullfrog, Cakewalk, Bullwalk, and Box Canyon trails. This new trail connects with the Box Canyon trail. I think we had 12 rigs at the meeting point on Hwy 247 and Camp Rock Road. Everyone aired down at the trail head and pre-walked the new trail to be. Looking for the best lines, stacking some rocks, and moving others. This is a tough trail with a bunch of 3 foot + rocks to climb while doing several 20' v-notch drops, with a lot of off camber decents to keep it interesting. The trail got a little easier as each Jeep (or Land Cruiser)went through. I think 4 rigs skiped the new section and met up at the intersection of Box Canyon. 3 hours to go 3 blocks, slow at best! Thanks for a fun time everyone: Kevin, Carlos, Art, Fred, Gene, Mike K, Curtis, Mark, and the 4 new guys that I didn't catch the names for.

Mitch

Trailhead

A 4 footer blocks the begining of the trail

Gene jumps right on top of it

Kevin

82' Scrambler

Curtis

Mark (Hundy) had to squeeze through alot of tight spots

Fred lifting his back leg

Art sporting his new 35" shoes

It took hands and feet to keep Mark off the rock

Mike K doing the twist and shout!

92'YJ A front in the air, then the rear in the air....

Stealth Dog!
    Last edited by Mitch; 03-06-09, 08:21 PM.

Originally posted by great88 View Post
    Mitch, nice pictures. I hope you weren't under this Jeep.
    Check out .

Comment

Here are a few of the video's.

Mitch

Last edited by Mitch; 03-06-09, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Hey Mitch, where is the photoshot of my Monster commercial? Got to keep the sponsor happy, Kevin.
        Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 03-06-09, 08:57 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

Kevin,

It's a slow down loading thing here. soon.....
          Thanks again for the seat.

Mitch

Comment

Here ya go Kevin

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you guys had fun. Not to hijack but what's the story with the intercooled jk, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

It has a supercharger on it, they are kinda gutless and the 38's don;t help it so this was his fix for that, He does an awesome job wheeling with that beast

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Hammerdown turned out to be a really cool trail. After the first 4 vehicles sustained minor body damage I was thinking this trail might not work out.

With the road crew and spotting department kicking in things started going pretty smooth. I'm looking forward to running the trail again. I think this trail is going to be many's favorite. Maybe we could add it to the March 21st Cakewalk run.

Thanks to all the guys and dogs that came out for the run, I had a great day.
                  Mike K.

Link to slideshow.[/COLOR]
                  http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

[COLOR="Red"]A few lead ins.[/COLOR]

DEATHROW

ROX CANYON

Last edited by mkjeepers; 03-06-09, 10:31 PM.

Comment

WOW! What a great new trail!!! I had a blast!

Thanks for all the help squeezing the beast through the tight sections! I couldnt have done it without all the great spotting, pushing, stacking, etc! LOL!

What a great group of guys to wheel with. Sorry I had to peel out a little early--- I had customers to attend to.

Thanks for all the awesome pics and videos!

HUNDY

Cant wait to do that trail again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some TOUGH spots!

Comment

What a great day and trail!! Great pics and videos as always guys!! Also to Mike a special thanks for his great trail building!!
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I am impressed! I think that I will see if the wife would like to run a trail in this area again! (I have discovered that this is the best way that I can get out to play more --bring her with me!)
                        Money pit!

Comment

Wow some awesome pic,s and video,s, Thanks guys for the report this trail looks really fun..hope one day I,m able to do it IF my jeep and I are capable,,
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Geeb,

I'm sure that you could do this, but lockers make the big difference. I'll get my YJ on it in a couple of weeks.

Mitch

Comment

looks like a great trail! I can't wait to get out and wheel w/y'all.

Comment

Working...
                              X