X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blkTJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris_L
    I will be attending this little gathering. For the most part our runs to JV {bbs forum} are invite. We like to run small groups 5-10 max rigs, and if your not even close to the required hardware, dont bother showing up.
    I have to back chris up on this. These trips are rarly posted on public forums and like he mentioned... are usually driver by invite only.

Larry, by all means, if your gonna be out there, stop by and meet the folks from the "other" forum. They' re great people. Since they don't know you or your Jeep yet, I wouldn't count on them inviting you and your rig on a run. Maybe that was never your intention. I'm not sure.

enjoy your weekends all, I'm gonna close this thread.

If you'd like to join Larry please pm him with any questions.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_L
    replied
    I will be attending this little gathering. For the most part our runs to JV {bbs forum} are invite. We like to run small groups 5-10 max rigs, and if your not even close to the required hardware, dont bother showing up. Not dissing anyone by no means. Breakage out there can mean leaving your rig and blocking the trail for quite some time. 37's do make it easier, and a lot in our group run 35's with minor strapage and winching.

Leave a comment:

• unclegreaser
    replied
    exactly and don't forget the mines. thats a great sight seeing place. theres a trail that goes all the way around the rocky outcroping too.
    there are sand dunes too the left of hammers. plus a ton of unexplored areas.

gps helps if you don't know your way around.

larrygo

Leave a comment:

• cc2
    replied
    Johnson Valley has plenty of relatively flat trails throughout the area. We took one of the "jeep trails" on 31" tires and no lockers with no problems. Heck... there are several dry lakes that you can travel in 2WD.

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    Originally posted by Iceman97tj
    I'm with you larry! I love taking my jeep where others say I cant go, but JV is one of those places I'm telling myself I cant do it!
    That's why your tcase went.....

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    by the way... this is what the mailbox looks like...

can't wait to get back to moab!!! :yay:

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    just so you know what to expect... here are some pics from last time I was out...

up a waterfall...

tight squeeze... (yup, those are 37s)

big rocks...(those are 35s, and that's the cage I'm copying)

those pics are from outer limits. pics from sledgehammer can be found on the gallery page (don't forget to check out the great Jerry Bransford video, 31s? forgetaboutit).
    Last edited by blkTJ; 02-04-04, 03:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    we don't want to have to go thru and start deleting posts, but if your post doesn't fit the rules of this forum, we will.

FORUM RULES:

2) Please only reply ON TOPIC or it will be deleted at the descretion of the moderators.

3) Post ONLY IF you plan on attending the run, or have questions regarding attending the run.

Please refer to the RULES at the top of this forum if you have any further questions.

Leave a comment:

• Iceman97tj
    replied
    I'm with you larry! I love taking my jeep where others say I cant go, but JV is one of those places I'm telling myself I cant do it!

Leave a comment:

• unclegreaser
    replied
    Originally posted by qwiksilver
    I have read about them and these are trails I will NEVER take my Jeep on. Even years and mods down the road. I would ride with someone in their beast.

For all who do go...be careful...be safe...have fun. Don't drive over any rock your angel can't make it over.

But that's just my .02

as you learn in time what your jeep can do, not what others tell you it can't, you will be looking at bigger and steeper climbs and saying to your self " my jeep can climb that".

it takes a while to build confidence and more importantly know your jeeps limits. you'll get there. have fun along the way

i'm used to following the "big boys" and even having them make bets that i can't pass a certain spot. but i always do. and for when i don't, theres fun in trying.

larrygo

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Bring a MJR sticker and slap it in on the mailbox at the end of Sledge!
    Who needs a sticker to do this?!

Leave a comment:

• PondScum
    replied
    Originally posted by NAILER341
    Crazy Black Diamond Run:
    Those lunatics up in Victor Valley, the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers, have built some trails - Sledgehammer, Jackhammer, Outer Limits, etc. - that are in a class by themselves. Double Red only begins to describe them. Front and rear lockers, 33" or larger tires, and extremely low gearing (60:1 crawl or better) are REQUIRED. A CASUAL ATTITUDE regarding body damage and drivetrain breakage is also necessary.
    here is a quote from the ratings page
    I guess 35's might work, though the last time i was at JV at a CALROCS event i'd say 37's+ were needed. All those guys running 40's+ have made the ruts HUGE!.

Smaller tires can go on some of other trails, but not those ones listed.

Bring a MJR sticker and slap it in on the mailbox at the end of Sledge!

Have fun all that are going!

[ sarah ] sorry! accidentally hit the edit button ... didn't edit anything.
    Last edited by sarah; 02-03-04, 09:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iceman97tj
    replied
    Sounds like the kind of trails I'd want to PARK my jeep and just ride along to see these great trails! I cant afford a set of 35,'s a lift, a d44, and an upgrade on the d30! The body damage is no prob...... but I'm just not big enouigh!! It would be fun to watch though!!

Leave a comment:

• unclegreaser
    replied
    yup, thats right. all those warnings have my name all over it......

it's gonna be fun as usual in j.v.

there are other runs other than the hammers out there. even just playing on the surrounding rocks is fun.

larrygo

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    [COLOR=darkred]Crazy Black Diamond Run:
    Those lunatics up in Victor Valley, the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers, have built some trails - Sledgehammer, Jackhammer, Outer Limits, etc. - that are in a class by themselves. Double Red only begins to describe them. Front and rear lockers, 33" or larger tires, and extremely low gearing (60:1 crawl or better) are REQUIRED. A CASUAL ATTITUDE regarding body damage and drivetrain breakage is also necessary. [/COLOR]
    here is a quote from the ratings page

Leave a comment:

Working...
X