Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just so you know what to expect... here are some pics from last time I was out...

up a waterfall...

tight squeeze... (yup, those are 37s)

big rocks...(those are 35s, and that's the cage I'm copying)

those pics are from outer limits. pics from sledgehammer can be found on the gallery page (don't forget to check out the great Jerry Bransford video, 31s? forgetaboutit).
    Last edited by blkTJ; 02-04-04, 03:44 AM.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

by the way... this is what the mailbox looks like...

can't wait to get back to moab!!! :yay:
      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman97tj
        I'm with you larry! I love taking my jeep where others say I cant go, but JV is one of those places I'm telling myself I cant do it!
        That's why your tcase went.....
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Johnson Valley has plenty of relatively flat trails throughout the area. We took one of the "jeep trails" on 31" tires and no lockers with no problems. Heck... there are several dry lakes that you can travel in 2WD.

Comment

exactly and don't forget the mines. thats a great sight seeing place. theres a trail that goes all the way around the rocky outcroping too.
            there are sand dunes too the left of hammers. plus a ton of unexplored areas.

gps helps if you don't know your way around.

larrygo
            92 YJ all new stuff this year!!! rockcrawling at a trail near you.

Comment

I will be attending this little gathering. For the most part our runs to JV {bbs forum} are invite. We like to run small groups 5-10 max rigs, and if your not even close to the required hardware, dont bother showing up. Not dissing anyone by no means. Breakage out there can mean leaving your rig and blocking the trail for quite some time. 37's do make it easier, and a lot in our group run 35's with minor strapage and winching.
              ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_L
                I will be attending this little gathering. For the most part our runs to JV {bbs forum} are invite. We like to run small groups 5-10 max rigs, and if your not even close to the required hardware, dont bother showing up.
                I have to back chris up on this. These trips are rarly posted on public forums and like he mentioned... are usually driver by invite only.

Larry, by all means, if your gonna be out there, stop by and meet the folks from the "other" forum. They' re great people. Since they don't know you or your Jeep yet, I wouldn't count on them inviting you and your rig on a run. Maybe that was never your intention. I'm not sure.

enjoy your weekends all, I'm gonna close this thread.

If you'd like to join Larry please pm him with any questions.
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Working...
                X