This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Valley feb 7-8

me and another board are going this weekend.

i found out kinda last minute.

there are rocks everywhere out there. better if your locked and 35"

bring fire wood though!!!!

larrygo
    92 YJ all new stuff this year!!! rockcrawling at a trail near you.

hahah, you can say BBS.
    we might meet up with you on sunday to hang out, after we finish with our other plans for the weekend. all depends on when we get back.
    Last edited by blkTJ; 02-05-04, 03:56 PM.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Sounds fun....If the jeep is running and Im not working!
      97tj Sport Soft Top - Chili Pepper Red - 5spd - d30-35-unlocked-@3:07
      31"BFG-MT's - GMRS,CB - tow Hooks - Hi LIft - Trail Scars

Comment

Just an FYI... usually with these guys there is a 35" tire minimum, locked front and rear, with some sort of shaft upgrade in the 30. If your running a manual you better have 4:1.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

woo hoo! i meet all of those requirements
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Re: Johnson Valley feb 7-8

Originally posted by unclegreaser
            me and another board are going this weekend.

i found out kinda last minute.

there are rocks everywhere out there. better if your locked and 35"

bring fire wood though!!!!

larrygo
            are you sure they wont make you be responsible for everyone that gets stuck, or breaks out there? i know they usually work on an invitation only system for these runs... [that is a good thing]
            this is GNARLY wheeling. refer to uncle greasers roll over pictures. in the rating system, this is MOST difficult 4 diamond.
            EXPECT broken parts AND body DAMAGE
            i want to go on one of these runs out there, but i DEFFINATELY want to test my new parts before i rake them across those rocks . i'm not sure i will have enough time to adequately test this stuff before this date.
            ANYONE that goes on this, GOOD LUCK! and take pics.
            ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              Just an FYI... usually with these guys there is a 35" tire minimum, locked front and rear, with some sort of shaft upgrade in the 30. If your running a manual you better have 4:1.
              brian's right -- if you haven't been there before, especially with those guys, i wouldn't recommend planning to run the trail.

Comment

[COLOR=darkred]Crazy Black Diamond Run:
                Those lunatics up in Victor Valley, the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers, have built some trails - Sledgehammer, Jackhammer, Outer Limits, etc. - that are in a class by themselves. Double Red only begins to describe them. Front and rear lockers, 33" or larger tires, and extremely low gearing (60:1 crawl or better) are REQUIRED. A CASUAL ATTITUDE regarding body damage and drivetrain breakage is also necessary. [/COLOR]
                here is a quote from the ratings page
                ERIK

Comment

yup, thats right. all those warnings have my name all over it......

it's gonna be fun as usual in j.v.

there are other runs other than the hammers out there. even just playing on the surrounding rocks is fun.

larrygo

Comment

Sounds like the kind of trails I'd want to PARK my jeep and just ride along to see these great trails! I cant afford a set of 35,'s a lift, a d44, and an upgrade on the d30! The body damage is no prob...... but I'm just not big enouigh!! It would be fun to watch though!!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                      Crazy Black Diamond Run:
                      Those lunatics up in Victor Valley, the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers, have built some trails - Sledgehammer, Jackhammer, Outer Limits, etc. - that are in a class by themselves. Double Red only begins to describe them. Front and rear lockers, 33" or larger tires, and extremely low gearing (60:1 crawl or better) are REQUIRED. A CASUAL ATTITUDE regarding body damage and drivetrain breakage is also necessary.
                      here is a quote from the ratings page
                      I guess 35's might work, though the last time i was at JV at a CALROCS event i'd say 37's+ were needed. All those guys running 40's+ have made the ruts HUGE!.

Smaller tires can go on some of other trails, but not those ones listed.

Bring a MJR sticker and slap it in on the mailbox at the end of Sledge!

Have fun all that are going!

[ sarah ] sorry! accidentally hit the edit button ... didn't edit anything.
                      Last edited by sarah; 02-03-04, 09:09 PM.
                      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
                      AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
                      15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
                      33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
                      FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
                      Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
                      RE Hand Throttle
                      Optima Red Top
                      K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Bring a MJR sticker and slap it in on the mailbox at the end of Sledge!
                        Who needs a sticker to do this?!

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                          I have read about them and these are trails I will NEVER take my Jeep on. Even years and mods down the road. I would ride with someone in their beast.

For all who do go...be careful...be safe...have fun. Don't drive over any rock your angel can't make it over.

But that's just my .02

as you learn in time what your jeep can do, not what others tell you it can't, you will be looking at bigger and steeper climbs and saying to your self " my jeep can climb that".

it takes a while to build confidence and more importantly know your jeeps limits. you'll get there. have fun along the way

i'm used to following the "big boys" and even having them make bets that i can't pass a certain spot. but i always do. and for when i don't, theres fun in trying.

larrygo

Comment

I'm with you larry! I love taking my jeep where others say I cant go, but JV is one of those places I'm telling myself I cant do it!

Comment

we don't want to have to go thru and start deleting posts, but if your post doesn't fit the rules of this forum, we will.

FORUM RULES:

2) Please only reply ON TOPIC or it will be deleted at the descretion of the moderators.

3) Post ONLY IF you plan on attending the run, or have questions regarding attending the run.

Please refer to the RULES at the top of this forum if you have any further questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X