Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeepGal
    replied
    Chris and I attended the scoping meeting at the Ontario Convention Center.

I printed out our petition (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveJohnsonValley/. The current petition (a total of 3,332 names and comments) was submitted and recorded on public record.

If you havent yet signed the petition, PLEASE DO SO!

I will print the updated and amended petition on or before the cutoff date of January 31st, and submit it again.

Take some time and submit a well thought out comment.

My comment suggested they de-designate the Sheephole Mountains, removing it from the wilderness area. Brad Mitzelfelt is very much for this option. The area in question is not quality wilderness area, and per public record was never intended to be placed within the wilderness area. This option is superior to taking any or all of Johnson Valley OHV because this area will allow the Marines facilitate air combat training, whereas the JV area is within the Los Angeles Basins flight path.

Make you comments heard! DO IT NOW!

Tam

Leave a comment:

• womb raider 940
    replied
    dunno if this is repost found this on local club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNxIbbGvxro

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Photos from the event:

and for Roger...

If anyone hasn't submitted public comments yet, you need to do so! And if you have, send more

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    I think I'm goig to write the Senator a letter.... well an e-mail really.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch
    replied
    Doug,

I had the same feelings as you did. Only one gentleman seemed to be honest about the situation, the rest of the men and women seemed to have the same "Canned Answers". Several did voice a disappointment over the quest of Diane Feinstein to grab as much of our lands and turn them into Wilderness areas that we can't use. Giving back part of Sheep Hole Wilderness would incease the usable landscape for the Marines and make the EAST move more practical.

Mitch

Leave a comment:

• LoveMy95YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
    All 6 officials stated that they were under orders from Senator Feinstein to not come up with an alternative to use the wilderness area to the East.
    What a surprise...we really need to organize an effort to get both Feinstein and Boxer out of office and replace them with representatives who are more "user" friendly. :angry::censor:

Leave a comment:

• FishPOET
    replied
    I just got home from Ontario. I was there at 4:45pm and when I left at 6pm there were a few hundred folks there. I looked at all 6 alternatives and then went back and asked questions of all 6 USMC officials stationed at each alternative. Only Col. McArthur gave me honest and open answers. The rest all stated the "canned" government lines. I listened to Col. McArthur for about 45 minutes and I believe he understands the situation very well, and was honest enough to admit that the USMC underestimated the importance of JV when this whole process started.

All 6 officials stated that they were under orders from Senator Feinstein to not come up with an alternative to use the wilderness area to the East.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Thanks to Roger, Mitch, Matt, Rick and Old Man for taking the time to attend this important meeting. We also saw Helen and Harry of course, along with Kim! Partnership for Johnson Valley has done soooo much to communicate and let the marines know exactly what we do out there - please tell them THANK YOU when you see them! We also saw Quinn who drove all the way from Big Bear to attend.

Tam & Chris have been busy emailing everyone that signed the petition, and last night Tammy printed it out (130+pages!) and is taking it tonight to ONT to show off. You both ROCK!

Good luck tonight! Wish we could make it again.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
    See you all at the meeting tonight.
    Dinner is at 4:00 PM at Richies Diner - 7th & Greentree if you can make it!

Leave a comment:

• Ol Man
    replied
    See you all at the meeting tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch
    replied
    Helen & Harry,

Thank you for your constant support on this and all the other issues that you fight for!. I hope that we see more faces at these meetings. We have so many members, this could really make a difference.

I'll see you guys tinight at 4:00pm at Richies!

Mitch

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Tam and I will be at the one on friday in ontario.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by great88 View Post
    Sarah,

Clicking on the "This Post" at the end of your message didn't work for me. And Sarah, you are so HOT when you are forceful like that. HEHEHE Ya baby! Now lets see some faces at these meetings!

Mitch
    LMAO! Fixed the link. Thanks! You'll be with us in spirit at the VV meeting Mitch

Leave a comment:

• Black & Tan TJ
    replied
    At least the Ontario meeting's on a Friday. OH NO! Friday commuters, gotta love LA.

Better bring provisions

Leave a comment:

• Mitch
    replied
    Sarah,

Clicking on the "This Post" at the end of your message didn't work for me. And Sarah, you are so HOT when you are forceful like that. HEHEHE Ya baby! Now lets see some faces at these meetings!

Mitch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X