Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qwiksilver

I took the hard way up. There is a rutted way on one side and an easier side on the other. At one point I decided to run on the looser, harder side...didn't work out...I need more drive time.

Brian....like I said...or it's me. I just backed up and took a different line. Again, I tried something my Jeep didn't like under my driving skill. Live and learn.
    sounds to me more like an "open" diff issue. Great that you tried it though.

for the record... the first time I went up that, on 30s, I took the line to the right as well.
    Last edited by blkTJ; 01-31-04, 09:35 PM.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Great pics!I was up early this morning and my uncle was interested in going, but we just didnt get it together in time.We missed out, looks like it was a great run.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
        2 weeks, Gorman
        Two weeks, Gorman? Nope....Dumont Dunes for me. Terez and I (and maybe a couple of others) are going up for a Sunday overnighter.

Comment

I'm down with Gorman! =) Looks like you guys had an awesome trip, GREAT pictures!
          one happy jeep lovin' kid

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
            sounds to me more like an "open" diff issue. Great that you tried it though.

for the record... the first time I went up that, on 30s, I took the line to the right as well.
            I think it's more of a foot issue. I am learning my throttle and what it likes and doesn't like. But it might be the diff. I will to learn how to live with it.

It's not as easy as it looks. The dirt will give way under you very quickly. I was on the right on that section and it got very deep in scree. I had to back up and move over to the left where there was hardpack.

The bulldozers have been through there. And although there was that deep scree, it was probably pretty tame compared to what you went through. It will be very interesting after the next big storm. Then I might need a strap.

Comment

Well, I'm home! Going after the jeep tomorrow. The TC is stuck in neutral and wont engage:confused: looks like I'll be pullin it apart to find out whats wrong monday. Thanks Larry, for the trailer ride. I had a tent and supplies.......but didnt feel like missing the superbowl! Just PM me and I'll set you up with some space on my new site for you to host some images!

Sorry for makin it a short trip..... I'll get fixed and we can try again!
              97tj Sport Soft Top - Chili Pepper Red - 5spd - d30-35-unlocked-@3:07
              31"BFG-MT's - GMRS,CB - tow Hooks - Hi LIft - Trail Scars

Comment

I think it's more of a foot issue. I am learning my throttle and what it likes and doesn't like. But it might be the diff. I will to learn how to live with it.

It's not as easy as it looks. The dirt will give way under you very quickly. I was on the right on that section and it got very deep in scree. I had to back up and move over to the left where there was hardpack.

The bulldozers have been through there. And although there was that deep scree, it was probably pretty tame compared to what you went through. It will be very interesting after the next big storm. Then I might need a strap.
                What air pressure are you running? It should be around 10-12lbs.
                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

She went to 15lbs ..... I recomended less too! I run 10lbs whenever off road!

Comment

That's her problem........
                    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                      That's her problem........
                      She kept up with the big dogs.
                      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

nice pics! sounds like you all had fun.. sory about your troubles, alan...
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I'm not worried! I got an excuse to get a better TC

Comment

I hate my tires. They slip. Or it may be me

census says it's you.
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman97tj
                              I'm not worried! I got an excuse to get a better TC
                              if your gonna get an atlas... talk to erik... then talk to me... we might be able to get a better deal on 2.
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                                census says it's you.
                                agreed! those tires are great.... i guarantee you it is the drivers inexperience, and not the tires. they have done virtually every trail in the area with no problems with another driver behind the wheel. rubicon, john bull, mojave, rowher [when it WAS difficult] and just about every other trail within 500 miles of here. chris had a set of those, and ran them everywhere from sunday, and had no problems either. they arent rated as "best" on the trail, but there is NOTHING wrong with the set you have.:confused:
                                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                                X