Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that discussion has already taken place.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
      I believe that discussion has already taken place.
      That's great. When I was the Senior Bldg Inspector for VV City, I made damn sure the inspectors didn't make stuff up and propery applied the code. I can't stand it when people in authority make their own rules... Due process and all
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

I've had a few similar discussions with some of the Senior LA City Inspectors when they come here to LAX
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

I spoke with Greg a bit ago. With the exception of a few areas (such as Oh $hit Hill), the trails and fire break bypasses are OPEN.
          How will we recognize these areas?
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I spoke with Greg a bit ago. With the exception of a few areas (such as Oh $hit Hill), the trails and fire break bypasses are OPEN.
            Thanks for all your efforts in this matter Jeff.
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

whew

Thanks guys for clearing this up
              I am sure everyone had the best intentions when posting
              but it is good to get the final word
              I had posted earlier that a few trails there look brand new, I have a personal policy to stay off trails that are not well burnt in as newer looking trails are usually not recognized by the FS. It does not take many vehicles to take a trail to get it started to be burnt in. And it takes a lot of work to get it were it looks like not a trail. Can I say I am innocent of not being on a illegal trail. Nope, but I think we all have turned down something at one time or another so I tend not to throw stones as we all live in glass houses.
              Knowing the side trails are open (legal ones anyway) is a big relief.
              And this is the net, this thread is being followed by 4 forums I know of. all linked here to get the info, as MJR is a respected forum know to find answers to questions like this.
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

This was continued via e-mail and all is clear. A
                mis-understanding and it is handled. The established trails are open with the exception of "Pucker Hill" which is clearly marked as closed. There are a couple of new cuts that have been recently made and are obvious as to not being part of the trail.
                So to repeat, all is handled and there are no other issues. I will be there tomarrow with Chuck (dirtman13). Come on, think HAPPY thoughts!!!!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                  How will we recognize these areas?
                  Nathan, Pucker hill is clearly blocked, at least it was the last time I was there. I'll be there tomorrow and will see if any illegal trails have been made. Anything created off the bypass should be easy to see.
                  Check out .

Comment

Pucker Hill = Oh $hit Hill

(in 35 years, it's had a few names...)
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

Pucker Hill = Oh $hit Hill

(in 35 years, it's had a few names...)
                      When I hear Oh $hit hill I think Dusy. Either way I think if you ever went down that hill you said Oh $hit and you puckered up.
                      Check out .

Comment

OHV Volunteer don'ts

A SBNF OHV Volunteer may not stop or detain an individual or group. This is considered to be an arrest. OHV Volunteers unless they have gone through the LEO training and specific certification do not have powers of arrest. If this has happened to you and you feel that you were offended then I suggest that you contact the Forest Supervisor with the pertinent information and your concerns.

Kathy Pratt should have known this, she was an OHV volunteer and her husband is/was on the board of directors of the SBNFA.

Jim
                        Last edited by Grump1; 10-15-08, 01:28 PM.

Comment

so it was an illegal arrest
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I don't think so, the volunteers just reacted in the heat of the moment thing and didn't react to their training. They just need more training. I am sure they meant well. They of course could have spent some of their time trying to camouflage the illegal trail or to mark it in such a manner as to let you know that it was not a marked trail or even asked for your help and cooperation in blocking the bypass.

If a trail isn't labelled it isn't a legal trail.

Comment

Hell, I have enough trouble getting them to attend the training we have - you want more??

Jeff McRae
                              OHV76V
                              Instructor/Training Coordinator
                              OHV Volunteer/Adopt-a-Trail Programs/Big Bear Coordinator
                              Jeff
                              OHV76V
                              KG6TY

Comment

I will respond once more on this subject and request that this thread is locked or removed.

1. This issue has been delt with, to my (our) satisfaction, and is considered to be over with.

2. The Volunteers ASKED if I (we) would wait for the ranger, we were not detained or harrassed at any point.

3. This looks like a mis-understading, and thats it. Period!

Let this drop so we can just go and wheel and not keep it stirred up. There are reasons that you don't know about. And when anyone wants to run Cleghorn let me know and I'll be there.

Mitch - great88

Comment

Working...
                                X